Quantcast

Fox shox

Mar 13, 2005
Hi I am soon to get a p2, and wanted to get a new fork for it. Which of the the fox forks would be best. Or what else would be good for about half djing/ and a quarter freeride/ quarter downhill. Can somebody please help thanks.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
If I was in your shoes I would get something with 5" of travel and a 20mm axle. A Sherman would probably be good, a Dirt Jumper would also be a good choice, a Pike would be a good fork also. I haven't rode any of these, just going off the numbers and what people have told me. I've heard of the Fox's with the QR axles breaking, so I would avoid those unless your really light, a smooth rider or good at jumping and rarely case.
I wouldn't get a 6" travel fork though. I have a friend that did this to his P3 and it rides like crap unless you like a really slack ride or do mostly DH with it.
Hope that helps

JBsoxorz

Chimp
Jul 8, 2005
LA
stinky6 said:
If I was in your shoes I would get something with 5" of travel and a 20mm axle. A Sherman would probably be good, a Dirt Jumper would also be a good choice, a Pike would be a good fork also. I haven't rode any of these, just going off the numbers and what people have told me. I've heard of the Fox's with the QR axles breaking, so I would avoid those unless your really light, a smooth rider or good at jumping and rarely case.
I wouldn't get a 6" travel fork though. I have a friend that did this to his P3 and it rides like crap unless you like a really slack ride or do mostly DH with it.
Hope that helps
ya, get something adjustable. like a sherman flick.

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
sherman firefly with the thru axle. i have an 03 sherman firefly on mine with a qr, and i wish i had the thru axle version for more stiffness, but other than that i love the fork so very very much! works great on the p.2

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
mm...i ride the FOX vanilla 125, got it i dunno a year and half ago. Its been great! light, strong, adjustable. Its quick release. I dj mostly but also ride street, freeride, and have downhilled it too. I bought the stiffest aftermarket springs i could find for it, as at stock it compressed to easily for what i like on dirt jumps. that fork has seen tons of abuse, and it still takes it. I had the djIII before and it was nice, but too heavy for what i wanted. peace

oh yea, and its on a kona roast, which is a hardtail frame kinda like a p2 i guess