Quantcast

Fox Terra-Logic

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
Anyone have a fox terra-logic fork? It seems to be the perfect fork for my single speed since you are standing up mashing half the time. Ive heard mixed reviews and just wondering if its worth getting. Maybe they have resolved the initial issues (like with the DHX). Id be getting the 100X new from fox at a generous discount. :blah:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
kicknitLivE said:
Anyone have a fox terra-logic fork? It seems to be the perfect fork for my single speed since you are standing up mashing half the time. Ive heard mixed reviews and just wondering if its worth getting. Maybe they have resolved the initial issues (like with the DHX). Id be getting the 100X new from fox at a generous discount. :blah:
Terror-Logic has been having problems, even on the 05s. Leaks, Terra-Logic breaking down, etc. Stick with a 100RLT (Manually operated TerraLogic) or a Float RLC.

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
Cant hang with 80 mils. If I got something else I would probably get the talas rlc. Im not a huge weight weenie. My single speed weighs 24 lbs. already with light but not weak parts. This is my only "XC" bike and I ride it more than any of my others, so versatility is the goal.

Good to know the problems still persist on the terror-logic, now left with lightness or versatility.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
If you're not that concerned about weight, I'd go with a Float RLC set to 100mm of travel. I had one and it felt plusher than the RLT. It really doesn't weigh THAT much more than an RLT (Fox likes to lie about weights and such). If you're out of the saddle hammering a lot, just use the compression blowoff valve and the lockout switch, it works just as well as Motion Control on the new Rockshox and SPV on the Manipoo's.