Quantcast

Fox Titan Pro Knee Guards

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
If you're sold on fox...this won't help you...but whatev...

Rockgard'n LZMX Knee/shin (they're shorter than full coverage shin guards...but it looks like the titan's are too...)

It has a "sock" type thing that goes about a quarter of the way up your thigh. Keeps the guard in place even during violent crashes.

I've been sportin' em for 4 years. Work like a dream and they're very comfortable for all day use.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Do you know if the Rockgardn Landing Zone Knee/Shin Guards have that same "sock"?
The regular ones do NOT have the same thigh "sock". They do have 4 straps in stead of 2 plus a sock. And they extend about 4 more inches down the shin (size large). I use the regular Landing Zone pads when I have an uneasy feeling about the ride...(like "holy crap, this is way above my skill level!!!!).

The plus side is that the regular knee/shin guards do not move much more than the LZMX pads. They are warmer....

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I haven't used the Fox pads, but I can vouch for the Rockgardns. I have the LZMX Shorty guards- basically, they are the LZMX without the shin pad but the lower part still goes a bit further down than many knee pads. They are comfortable and stay in place better than any other pads I've used. They also are very pedaling friendly by not being too tight in the middle. Very nice and relatively cheap pads.

The only other thing I've used that works as well are Dainese Viking (full lower suit). They stay in place better than anything else, but the plastic is thinner than the LZMX pads (I have cut my knee through the plastic in crashes).

Last edited:

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
i recommend trying lizard skins full leg protection...
it fits well...doesnt slide down like fox stuff does for me
no sock

only drawback is the long straps which will be a problem if your leg is not big enough

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Do you want shin protection? I've been wearing some Fox Launch Pros for the last few rides and they're great. The stay put and just don't feel "there." Way better than Kyle Straits if you wear knee pads like that.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Dear god....Kyle Straits...ugh.
Just using them as an example because everybody and their brother likes them it seems. I decided to spring for a pair and tore one of them in half the first ride.
Rockgard'n LZMX. Trust me.

PM me. I'll show you pictures....jeezuz. Just don't screw yourself.
Google told me these look pretty cool. Not what I had in mind before I posted. ;) I might have to try them, but I just bought some Race Face Rally knee-shins for those "heavy" days.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Just using them as an example because everybody and their brother likes them it seems. I decided to spring for a pair and tore one of them in half the first ride.
Yikes!!

Google told me these look pretty cool. Not what I had in mind before I posted. ;) I might have to try them, but I just bought some Race Face Rally knee-shins for those "heavy" days.
Those bad boys are the definition of burly...

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
...I just bought some Race Face Rally knee-shins for those "heavy" days.
That's what I ride with, gone through a couple pair. The new ones look like the straps are attached / sewn better vs. the older Roach pads, but I had to cut off the elastic piping on the top corners of the pads because that $hit tries to rub a hole in your leg. Other than that they are great.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Has anyone used the FOX Titan PRO model w/ hinged knee cup?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/10/23106/ITEM/Fox-Racing-Titan-Pro-Knee-Guard.aspx

It appears to provide great protection...
+1 I've wondered about those too, even posted a thread about on here a few months back. I think the hinged knee cup would help to keep them in place as you bend your knee back and forth, but don't want to end up with a closet full of pads trying to find something that works.