Quantcast

Fox Transfer post...anyone on here have experience?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The light action has a longer lever arm. The idea is that it requires less force to push, though it'll also require a longer throw to actuate.

I've got a normal WT remote on a Transfer. Works great.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I've got a normal WT remote on a Transfer. Works great.
Same here. The light action lever was released right after I bought my WT lever. If I was doing it now I'd go with the light action lever, though the standard one does feel just fine.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Do you need little nub going to the left of the brake clamp or to the right?
20170726_123433_resized.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
^^What he said.

A rounded flat nut sits inside a recess inside the brake clamp and then the bolt on the matchmaker screws into it. You can just one of the nuts on the second from right on my photo.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So I got my freshly rebuilt post back from the factory about a month back, the one that I sent in after 10 rides for failing to extend all the way, even when the collar was loose. I took my revive off to clean it and figured what the heck, install was like 3 min because I already had the cable run and the little cable nut fits just fine between both posts. Thing takes about 2.5 seconds to full extent, and pretty much the same to compress. Tested it out before I even got out there, fully loose. This means at speed, on the trail, some sections are already past by the time the damn thing lowers. 2.5s is an eternity it seems like. There's no way this thing is right. At this point, I think I just want my money back. It was already hanging up just slightly on the trail, although when I tested it after 3hrs of riding it at least fully extended...same 2.5s though.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Yeah, mine is the fastest post I've used going down and is just short of nut smash going back up. Initially it was disconcerting but I like it now.

Sucks that for most companies you have to get "a good one" to have a well functioning post....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Just pisses me off that this thing somehow passed QC out the door...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well, I think I know the problem. When I sent it in to fox, I put EVERYTHING in the original box and the shop sent it out. When I got it back, it was wrapped in plastic and JUST the post, also a little baggie with some random bolt (not for the seatpost) and a cable-housing end(WTF?)...Since they didn't send me back what I sent them, it's hard to inventory everything. When I installed it, I installed it with my previous bikeyoke revive setup, which includes a barrel jam thing to actuate the post. It fit in there, but while it fit in, the revive one is much wider so it was jamming against the bottom of the transfer mechanism and not letting it reach full travel. This is all because Fox decided to NOT send me back all the parts that I sent in. This still pisses me off.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Bumpity bump. My Transfer has recently developed a new auto-sag feature, about 1/4" of sag after having been dropped / raised, after that its solid until I drop it again. I do not think this is a remote issue. Has anyone tried to service these at home? Or having them serviced at Foxx?

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Bumpity bump. My Transfer has recently developed a new auto-sag feature, about 1/4" of sag after having been dropped / raised, after that its solid until I drop it again. I do not think this is a remote issue. Has anyone tried to service these at home? Or having them serviced at Foxx?
Is the purchase date of the post under a year? You can always send stuff in to them for a "warranty evaluation" if it's less than a year from the original purchase date. My experience, is they do honor some things outside of that depending on the issue they are pretty fair with that stuff. The first 40 i owned came with a blue ti spring that had the end of it snapped off, I called them about it 3 years after it was purchased AND being the second owner, and no questions asked over the phone they sent my a replacement $200 msrp ti spring in the spring rate of my choice. Not bad. BUT, their site says $90 for a paid full service if it falls outside of a warranty claim. AFAIK, not user serviceable without proprietary tooling, as is most things these days.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I agree with csermonet, doesn't hurt to call and ask nicely.
I've had Fox warranty stuff outside a year from purchase date, one was a legit warranty problem and the other very much my fault, but they looked after me with no charge on both occasions, even with expensive parts and labor involved. It's not guaranteed of course but my experience was the same as above, for suspension at least.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
When I owned the shop, I would routinely put a bottle of whisky in with the warranty items.
I NEVER was denied warranty.
Oftentimes I would include packets of aspirin/ibuprofen, with a note something to the effect of 'sorry for the headache'.