Quantcast

Fox V3 helmet woes

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
So i have a x-large Fox V3r. One of the cheek pads has a hole in it, and they have worn to the point of being too loose in the cheek area. Wanted to get some new ones, in size large to hopefully tweak the fit a little. I cant find large(or xl for that matter) cheek pads ANYWHERE. I assume because they discontinued the helmet? If anyone has any leads hat would be awesome, or some sort of remedy would be welcome as well.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
So i have a x-large Fox V3r. One of the cheek pads has a hole in it, and they have worn to the point of being too loose in the cheek area. Wanted to get some new ones, in size large to hopefully tweak the fit a little. I cant find large(or xl for that matter) cheek pads ANYWHERE. I assume because they discontinued the helmet? If anyone has any leads hat would be awesome, or some sort of remedy would be welcome as well.
I am in the same boat, same size helmet and everything, it just recently started feeling loose. Didn't know this would be an issue.

I also would greatly appreciate the help!

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
I was under the impression that it is the exact same helmet as their stand by V3 moto, but not DOT approved.

Wouldn't you just order that pad kit?
Yes it is the exact same helmet and liner etc etc, the carbon is just layed differently to reduce weight since it doesn't have to conform to DOT standards. Even still, not a single moto shop online has size large pad/liner kits. only been able to find xsmall, small, and xxl.

I just took my pads out to wash them after a sweaty couple days of riding, and my eps liner is cracked in several spots and coming unglued from the shell. I am not pleased. Helmet has barely been used, I am about to call Fox and raise some ****ing hell but probably to no avail

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Could do the good ole swapperoo. Try on a large helmet at a store and yank out the pads. Bring them to the counter and tell them there was no bag on them.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Could do the good ole swapperoo. Try on a large helmet at a store and yank out the pads. Bring them to the counter and tell them there was no bag on them.
lol I've thought of that myself..my only local moto shop I am aware of is Cycle Gear, two within decent driving distance. I've been to both in the past week, and they didn't have any V3's. Only v1,2, and 4's. I just don't get why Fox would discontinue their top-tier helmet after what, 5+ years of production? Not everyone can afford a new top-shelf helmet every year. I wasn't planning on replacing mine for quite a while. I think they should have added the V4 in their lineup in addition to the V3. Enabling V3 owners to still purchase liners and cheek pads when theirs wear out. Now they have effectively ****ed V3 owners in the ass by not providing replacements for purchase. If your liner and cheek pads wear and the fit turns to ****, you have to buy a new helmet. I got mine deeply discounted and can not get a similar quality helmet at the same price(or the budget I would be working with at this point in time). So now any replacement would be a significant "downgrade". Not cool.

Got in contact with Fox customer service. They no longer stock replacement parts for the V3, which means they most likely don't stock the helmet either. If it was purchased over a year ago, they can't do a replacement. They will however try to work with me on discounting a new helmet, the rate yet to be determined. I'm obviously not going to want to downgrade from a $400 V3R to a composite $130 Rampage, so they only option is the $400+ Rampage Carbon. If they don't give me atleast 40% its just not worth it. Even if they did half off, thats over $200 I shouldn't have to spend in the first place. Hopefully they will give me distro prices, they would still make some sort of a profit and they wouldn't completely lose my business. Might be time for a TLD.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
I have not. Wonder if they would be more helpful? Have had items shipped from Canada-land before and shipping and customs charges were not kind..I still need to wait for a response from Fox US

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The Canadian side of the business has its own warehouse and everything, so its worth a shot. I worked for the distributer of Fox before Fox came in and took over and they had a wackload of parts stockpiles for the V3. But that was 2 years ago.....Maybe 3? Time flies.

If nothing works out, I can get into contact with my old boss who liked to collect helmets. He might have a set laying around somewhere.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i have a similar issue with my fox v2.
after about 15 uses, the shell apparently has separated from the EPS. you can wiggle the foam a bit.