Quantcast

For Sale Fox Vanilla RC2 fork, 160mm travel + extras - $200

Category
Cross Country & Trail
Price
Size
160mm, 9" steerer tube
Mountain (AZ, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, UT, WY)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Fox Vanilla fork, coil spring.
160mm travel, 20mm q/r axle
RC2 damper (low/high speed compression + rebound adjustment)
Straight 1 1/8" steerer tube: 9.5" long

This is a used but BUTTERY smooth coil fork. Fork has been regularly serviced and all adjustments work perfectly. Fork will include all following spare parts:
- all (3) coil springs for all weight riders
- spare Fox low friction seal/service kit
- spare Fox RC2 damper bladder kit

There are scratches on the lowers and stickers, and minor wear and scratches on the crown. There are faint scratches on both stanchions, none of which leak or affect the seals. Honestly, they're superficial, but they're present and you'd want to know. See pics for examples.

I think the asking price is fair based on the condition and the addition of all the spare parts. PM
van 36 (1).jpg
van 36 (2).jpg
van 36 (3).jpg
van 36 (4).jpg
me with any questions or offers. Thanks!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Great deal on a great fork...I was a hair from getting it straight out but really couldn't use something with that much travel on my Sovereign. Gonna stick with the rigid front end for now and rebuild my old Z1SL doppio which has travel reduction.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, I considered dabbling in cutting the spring and using a spacer under the top-out assembly, but I have never been inside a Fox fork, and if I'm gonna do fork surgery, some Enduro seals and new oil ought to sort out the Z1 just fine. Lighter to boot.

Glad the fork's got a good home to get to.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah, I considered dabbling in cutting the spring and using a spacer under the top-out assembly, but I have never been inside a Fox fork, and if I'm gonna do fork surgery, some Enduro seals and new oil ought to sort out the Z1 just fine. Lighter to boot.

Glad the fork's got a good home to get to.
I hacked one of those down to 110mm to put on a jump bike. It's pretty easy.