Quantcast

Frame Bag Options For A Small YT Capra 27.5?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, my wife’s key employee has this bike, and we want to get him a surprise birthday present. He has expressed interest in a frame bag that either fits in the triangle by the bottom bracket, or possibly in front of the shock. Have any of you found ‘off the shelf’ bags that fit in these locations, or do you have any other suggestions? I think he doesn’t want an under the saddle bag for obvious dropper post reasons. He would like to avoid a hydration pack/waist pack if possible.
How are y’all carrying your tools/pump/snacks, etc?
Thanks, good people!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Mine is something like lone peak or lone wolf, but seriously it seems like there are thousands of bags out there. Just take some measurements and then figure it out. There was some other stuff that may have fit, but this works pretty well. I spent a few days searching for bags on the web and comparing the dimensions.

Unless it’s a full triangle bag like revelate, I don’t think it’s possible to get all the weight off the back, you just can’t fit enough of the usual suspects in there, like a bottle, tools, tube, food, light packable jacket or your GoPro/etc. I’ll use a hip pack at times and for that and the longer rides is where the frame bag really shines.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Which model year Capra?
a tube will velcro strap in the area you're talking about nicely on the older model.
there's also a thread for a front mech mount just behind the down tube low down I bolted a 2x CO2 canister holder on mine

Dakine hotlaps is a great strap on bag... not to be confused with a bag for carrying a strap on (unless you like a bit of mid ride micro penis pegging)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Mine is something like lone peak or lone wolf, but seriously it seems like there are thousands of bags out there. Just take some measurements and then figure it out. There was some other stuff that may have fit, but this works pretty well. I spent a few days searching for bags on the web and comparing the dimensions.

Unless it’s a full triangle bag like revelate, I don’t think it’s possible to get all the weight off the back, you just can’t fit enough of the usual suspects in there, like a bottle, tools, tube, food, light packable jacket or your GoPro/etc. I’ll use a hip pack at times and for that and the longer rides is where the frame bag really shines.
www.lonepeakpacks.com

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I have an enduro tube strap holding a tube and CO2 in an old Thomson bag in front of the shock.

This bike sucks for Carrying Stuff(tm). I use a fanny pack.