Quantcast

frame for big'un

lesburn

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
hey
i would like to buy aframe that will allow me to learn some trial techniques but also be a good allround bike aswell. the thing is i am 6'7" and weight 270lbs. i know i will never be world champ and that my build is way to big to become fantastic but i would like to become as proficient as possible. so here are a few questions.
what size frame should i be looking for? a standard trials size frame would be tiny for me would'nt it?
what frame would you recomend for someone my weight/size? i really like the look of abanshee morphine as a great allrounder, but would it be any good for trials?
any other advice would be great
thanks
les

letoyboy

Chimp
Nov 27, 2003
Springfield, VA
The Morphine is one beefy-havin' bike.....but I don't know how it'd fair for trials. If you're a big dude......which you are, you might snap a typical trials frame. I would look to just get a beefy street or freeride frame, and just deck it out w/ trials components. Just make sure it's got short chainstays and a high bottom bracket.....the rest is all up to you.

TyF

Chimp
Feb 3, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
Depends on the type of riding you do, if you plan to ride all urban stuff than something like a Norco evolve or a planet x zedbi work for you. The Norco is a larger fame than the PX. The koxx levelboss is a good choice if you plan to ride only trials, and they are nearly indestructible. Koxx also makes the cheatcode which may be a good choice; it actually has a seat and less trials specific geometry

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
My best friend is 6'3" and 275. He rides awsome. He can bunny hop like 3 feet, pedal kick all over ledges, do 18o's, he's really good. So don't let your size stop you from progress. Just make sure you don't run discs on that bike because you'll just break the stays in half. :)