Quantcast

Frame Giant MCM team

espaceF1

Chimp
Jul 28, 2003
France (Massif Central)
First of all, I'd like to tell you I'm a newbie on this forum, mainly because I'm French and not really used to foreign forums.
Anyway, I'd like to share some experience I had with the Giant MCM Team. For the one who are only MB racers this is really an excellent purchase. I just built it a week before the National French Championship, and the difference with my previous MB was huge. As soon as you push on your pedals, all the strength is given to the wheel (Mavic Cross Max SL) and it goes fast, which gives you even more will to race and match all the guys still before you.
This frame is really great (its look), very light (1,350kg around 2,97lbs) and strong too for a carbon fibre frame. Maybe a bit expensive, about 1000$ (1065€)

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
hey dude, welcome. I have one of those too, pic is down there in my signature.

I'm a DH rider most of the time, and weigh in at around 200 lbs, so I find that the frame is pretty flexy. But not so much in a bad way, it's something that I feel but it's not something that I think slows me down. It's way more comfy than any of my aluminum bikes have been.

They seem to go for really cheap here in the US, I've seen a lot of 'em for under $500 that are nearly new...

espaceF1

Chimp
Jul 28, 2003
France (Massif Central)
Isn't it rude to use a foreign language on this forum Heytouekutbenca?

I've got no picture of my bike, but I can describe it.
Frame: you know it
Fork: Marzzochi Marathon SL 85mm (heavier than a Rock Shock SID (0,3 kg), but it really is more reliable)
Wheels: Mavic Cross Max SL
Tires: Hutchinson Python Tubeless
V-Brakes XT
Everything is Built with the XT group apart from the rear derailleur which is an XTR
Handlebars: S-Works Carbon
Stem: Ritchey WCS
Saddle: Italia Flite TT
Saddle tube: ITM millennium
Pedals: Welgo WPD 700
It weights about 10,3kg, but it’s not just its weight which makes it fast to use, it’s its rigidity.

About the comfort, in a French magazine (Velovert if you know it), they did a test and said it was as rigid as an aluminium frame, and as comfortable as a titanium frame. So both their advantages! And I can tell you it’s rigid, but I cannot tell about the comfort, as I never tried a titanium frame.

Concerning the French national Championship, It’s Julien Absalon who won. Second place for Miguel Martinez, the 2000 Olympic champion and third for Jean-Christophe Péraud.
The track was 8kms long and we had to do it 4 times (it’s short, but it was very hard). I intended to finish in the first 60 in order to get the national level and get a better lane at the start of the French Cups, and I matched the 46th place, despite a puncture at the top of the downhill in the last lap. So I’m really pleased with that result.