Quantcast

frame help!

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
im getting a new frame and ive decided to get either a specialized enduro sx trail or the sx 4x frame with less travel, i currently have a new 06 talas r to put on but not sure if that will surfice. any help or info on the bikes would be awesome. im also considering a blur 4x thanks

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I would go with the SX over the blur 4x. I've ridden both, both are very nice, but the SX just feels good.

I currently have an SX Trail and just sold my late model SX slalom. I consider both of those bikes the best "all around" bikes. Depends heavily on what you plan on using it for though. What types of trails do you ride? Rocks? Climbs? Turns? Jumps?

The SX Trail has a longer chainstay and higher bb. Rides exceptionally well all around. Climbs a little better than the slalom model, but the slalom model turns like no other. The extra travel is nice, but not if you do a lot of jumping.

SX Trail = mini dh/trail bike.
SX Slalom = slalom/trail bike.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
The talas r is perfect for the sx slalom. Allows you to dial it up and down, adjust air pressure easily, and is well matched with the rear.

On the SX trail, it would probably be bare minimum.
FYI, the regular enduro and the SX Trail have exactly the same frame. Different rear shocks and build specs make for very different bikes.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I would go with the SX over the blur 4x. I've ridden both, both are very nice, but the SX just feels good.

I currently have an SX Trail and just sold my late model SX slalom. I consider both of those bikes the best "all around" bikes. Depends heavily on what you plan on using it for though. What types of trails do you ride? Rocks? Climbs? Turns? Jumps?

The SX Trail has a longer chainstay and higher bb. Rides exceptionally well all around. Climbs a little better than the slalom model, but the slalom model turns like no other. The extra travel is nice, but not if you do a lot of jumping.

SX Trail = mini dh/trail bike.
SX Slalom = slalom/trail bike.

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
thanks, im having trouble deciding, this is my first rear sus bike, i raced expert xc for 5 years phased out and now i mainly ride urban, and would like to get into some freeriding. my thoughts on the 4x bikes are that they would perform more like a race bike that im used to and wouldent be super heavy( if im on the right track, let me know please) . im afraid to get a super squish bike and jsut be sluggish cause i dont know how to ride one. any other thoughts would be very helpfull.