Quantcast

..:: Frame searching thursday GMT ::..

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Whatever you get, ensure you use Sanjuro's patented anti-rust frame saver coating!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Thursday, monkeys! Is it Friday yet?

Ran 12 miles last night. I wanted to run 15 but was getting side cramps like a mofo. Not sure what was up with that. I haven't felt any cramping in a long time. So, I cut the run short.

I am already looking forward to the weekend. Bike rides planned both days.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
now that RAAM is over I am need of some downhill time. starting to search the internetz for a new DH frame to build.
LOL: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19/morpheus-dh-bike-32-3-lbs-carbon-kevlar-adjustable-cs-251203/

Took my last class & presentation for my MS degree last night...just 2 papers to bang out before Monday and I am done!

Sunday will consist of me & the kid ringing all kinds of cowbells, triangles, glockenspiels, etc. for the DH finals at the Windham WC!!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Things seem to have mellowed out here for now, or at least, it didn't blow up again yesterday like it did on Tuesday. The talk now is 300+ homes were lost tuesday. :( Hot and dry again though today so Ima keep my fingers crossed.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
tired of fixing crap that carelss employees break. I also want to know who at the factory decided to dip the shaft treads of a servicable part in red loctite. turned a two minute job into a nightmare. I ended up having to run a tap through the bore to clean all the crap out of the treads and to fix the cross treading done by the factory retards.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Today will be another good day for me. My helper salesman is leaving the store today, even though he does not know it, Mayhem is this Saturday, my lady friend is coming over for lunch, and I am signing papers to serve the ex tonight.

Although it does seem that she has gone and blown her car up, so I am going to go see how bad the damage is and adjust my offer to compensate her getting my truck so I can afford a new truck etc etc....... Evil I know, while it looks to her I am doing something nice to give her my truck, I am getting the new one and lower alimony payments!!!

Brett....... Come up here and test ride my bike, try the blindside out

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Morning.
Got an offer yesterday for a job paying substantially more than my current position, so pretty stoked about that. Have to put in my notice today at my current job, that probably won't be too fun.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got a promotion at the office this week. I've been doing the work for about a month, but the title and pay just kicked in. Oh boy, now I'm in management.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'm beginning to think you're not a people person.

tired of fixing crap that carelss employees break. I also want to know who at the factory decided to dip the shaft treads of a servicable part in red loctite. turned a two minute job into a nightmare. I ended up having to run a tap through the bore to clean all the crap out of the treads and to fix the cross treading done by the factory retards.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
TR450 your search is over GFF.
ftfy.

Morning Monkeys.

Had a good commute yesterday, but the ride home was a little warm (and I was 5 minutes slower?). Decided I will ride Mon, Wed, Fri until I am less sore.

<edit> GFF, did you lose the DHR in a move or something? For pure DH, the TR450, for the semi-all-mountain, the TR250.

Last edited:

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Morning.
Some of those pictures of the fires are incredible. I can't imagine being there or watching my house burn down. My thoughts go out to those people. I hope they all stay safe.

Pretty mellow around here. Another day, another day at work. Actually going mt. biking tonight though! Pretty excited about that! It's nice to have an understanding family who lets me go!
And only 2 more days of work and then a week off! Woot!! It won't be all fun and games though. Have to reroof a small house with my brothers and dad! Should be full of entertainment though! I think there will be more bitching and complaining then actual work getting done!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
ftfy.

Morning Monkeys.

Had a good commute yesterday, but the ride home was a little warm (and I was 5 minutes slower?). Decided I will ride Mon, Wed, Fri until I am less sore.

<edit> GFF, did you lose the DHR in a move or something? For pure DH, the TR450, for the semi-all-mountain, the TR250.
well sure... i love my 450, but if you're going through many dh bikes per year, i figure a Zerode should be one of them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yesterday I rode, drank beer with friends and slept a whole bunch. I have pretty much the same schedule for the next 60 days.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I bet he's older than you.

Let's find out.
How old IS Westy? I thought he was a punk kid at UW? Or at least still in his 20's? :)

It's Thursday... gotta hit teh gym and pump some iron (I just typed that with Ahhhnold's voice), then maybe hit a trail with the rugrat tonight... or whatever.

Be safe out there. Rep somebody you love ;)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
now that RAAM is over I am need of some downhill time. starting to search the internetz for a new DH frame to build.

gotta shake this recent roadie affliction
While it won't help you NOW, this here is a thing:

Dunno anything about DH-ing, but these folks are local, and apparently Full Truck knows/respects them: https://www.facebook.com/RideGG
I do know/respect these guys, they're doing good things and are passionate about it. The frame ain't anything fancy, but it does the job, is reliable so far, and has good geometry.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19/guerrilla-gravity-new-frame-manufacturer-colorado-251038/
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167500004/guerrilla-gravity-gg-dh-beta-prototypes

In other news: good afternoon, ya'll. I have clean laundry.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Flew into Burlington, VT last night for the sisters wedding this weekend. Nice to be in 70* weather and not 105* and smoky. Should have brought the road bike with me but oh well.