Quantcast

frame size

May 26, 2007
as of right now i am 5'7-5'8 and some where between 160-170lbs and i see theres a small medium and large...what should i shoot for as a frist bike...im looking at a downhill/freeride

May 26, 2007
alrght thanks because i really dont want to spend too much and im looking to just get something used and by buying online and getting it shipped tome i wont be able to sit on it and try to see what sizee

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
If it is your first bike, then I would go to a bike shop and buy it from them. You may spend a little more, but getting fit to the bike is way more important. You can ask them a bunch of questions before you buy, too. Building a relatinship with the people that are going to be fixing and servicing your bike in the years to come is important.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
If it is your first bike, then I would go to a bike shop and buy it from them. You may spend a little more, but getting fit to the bike is way more important. You can ask them a bunch of questions before you buy, too. Building a relatinship with the people that are going to be fixing and servicing your bike in the years to come is important.

:stupid:
You may need a small for DHing. Sizing really is individual and isn't always an exact science. I know guys similar to your size who like small bikes for DHing and ride medium for XC. I would suggest trying a few out and go from there.

May 26, 2007
yeah exaclty im gonna be getting alittle bigger.. and dont want to dish out 1500 twice once im finally dont growing ill spend the 1500-2500 on one but i think ill get a used medium and grow into it try it out and make sure illactually get into down hilling