Quantcast

frames that are similar to the Chumba f4?

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
that things looking ****ing sick

edit: like seriously, im drooling over that, it just hits the spot, i wish i didnt have such a nice rig right now. post more specs, the f5 on chumbas site is different, whats the dealio?????

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I ride an F4 and have been told by others that it rides very similar to a Turner DHR. I don't think a DHR is known to be a great pedaling bike and I have not ridden one so I can't confirm.

sharkdh

Monkey
Feb 12, 2006
in the area
F5 looking great. New linky-link attachment looking strong too.
That small peice was the only improvement that frame really needed.
Chumba best cornering bike on the market today. Thing just flys.
Barely touches the ground really.
Has you hopping in-an-out of corners and launching everything in sight. Unreal..

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
If you're looking for a single pivot with progressive linkage and want better pedaling check out the Ventana El Cuervo. It has a similar progression rate to the Chumba and the DHR but the pivot is a little bit higher so it has a bit less mush when you get on the pedals.

The pivot is in line with a 40t ring instead of below like the chumba. The lower pivot of the Chumba may help it corner better in tight turns but the new 2007 Cuervo has a lower BB so it may be a draw.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I ride an F4 and have been told by others that it rides very similar to a Turner DHR. I don't think a DHR is known to be a great pedaling bike and I have not ridden one so I can't confirm.
People said that, but i gotta say i couldn't feel it. I got a couple runs in at fontana last year on the demo day turner did last year. I gotta say the DHR felt completely different in pretty much every way to me to the f4 i races on last year.

I liked the turner better over all. The f4 does pedal better though.

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
I have no XP on a F4.... but Pro Pedal on the FOX DHX negates any minor pedaling differences between the 2. At least for me (a lighter rider A 165#) The DHR pedals great.

38t up front 12-26 in the back, 5 clicks propedal, 100 psi in the chamber.

Pedaling is like # 4 or 5 characteristic you should be worried about.

1,2,3 being Handling Skills, Training/Fitness, Light Rear wheel.

go-ride more...

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
I have a fox propedal rear shock on my f4, it pedals pretty well. but is not the best characteristic of the bike(that would be cornering and the ability to blast through rock gardens. the geometry is similar between the turner and the f4, I have spent time on both and they ride completely different though.