Quantcast

Framing finished!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Geez.. I thought I was gonna have to start charging my framing crew rent because there were taking so long on this house.

Spec's: 3 br/2ba/ 1724 heated sf

Lot 21 Framing complete

From living room to dining/kitchen

HVAC p0rn (all metal main ducts w/flex drops and returns)

Attic installed HVAC unit

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
*Insert nice house attached to the garage comments here*

Edit:Did they use lumber from the foundation forms to build the house?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I need to take some pictures of my friend who is building a timber frame house out of scrap logs.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BikeGeek said:
That's a whole lot of roof you got there. Is anything up there habitable space or is it all attic/storage?

Sad to say it is all wasted open space. The only decked attic storage space is directly above the garage. I HATE the developer's 9-in-12 roof pitch requirements... its a waste of lumber.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Crashby said:
hmmm or perhaps standard drywall is used... looks like it's just scored on the reverse side, then bent around the curve...:

Yeah, your rockers will score it to fit. It should be something they know how to do. Sheet rock is pretty flexible.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Crashby said:
amazing what you can find if you look for it:

Archway bead:

Similar but with a curve instead of a sharp angle. You MUSt tell your sheet rockers that you are using a rounded corner bead because it requires a larger gap between the sheetrock corners..

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
Got heaps of room up there for the hot water heater/s.
hmm....in the attic, huh?

weren't you the one complaining about central vac lines being behind walls in case of a failure?

a hot water heater will fail way more frequently and more disastrously than a vacuum line.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
hmm....in the attic, huh?

weren't you the one complaining about central vac lines being behind walls in case of a failure?

a hot water heater will fail way more frequently and more disastrously than a vacuum line.

Hot water heater sits in a large pan with a drain line and a float switch alarm. Getting the water heater into and out of the attic thru the stairs is a bit of a trick, but manageable.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Bullnose Corner Bead is used in the straight corners while Bullnose Archway Bead is used on the curves of the arches.

Bullnose Corner Bead

Bullnose Archway Bead

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8, they are referring to something you may not recognize. it's called a book. sometimes, people make moving pictures from these so-called books, which you can view on yr mega-pixel wall-hanging idiot box.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
N8, they are referring to something you may not recognize. it's called a book. sometimes, people make moving pictures from these so-called books, which you can view on yr mega-pixel wall-hanging idiot box.

:confused: