Quantcast

France to Broker Surrender?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Silver
I just saw that coming a....mile....away.
I just saw it as breaking news on the BBC. I've really got nothing against France except for their crappy bikes freakish cars. French-Canadian hocky fans are another story. :dead: :dead: :dead:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I still could see it coming :)

And hey, I grew up calling the Quebec Nordiques the Blue Frogs and the Montreal Canadiens the Red Frogs. Ahh, the glory days of the Edmonton Oilers.....

Although, I've gotta tell you, Leaf fans take the cake. They've got a Stanley Cup parade planned every year in September. (Then they cancel it in October) :)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I still could see it coming :)

And hey, I grew up calling the Quebec Nordiques the Blue Frogs and the Montreal Canadiens the Red Frogs. Ahh, the glory days of the Edmonton Oilers.....

Although, I've gotta tell you, Leaf fans take the cake. They've got a Stanley Cup parade planned every year in September. (Then they cancel it in October) :)

OK, ok! Am I more or less predictable than Damn True??? :p :p :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by Serial Midget
OK, ok! Am I more or less predictable than Damn True??? :p :p :p
The only thing that is more predictable than Damn True is the inevitability of death. :p

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
All apologies to Damn True. I rarely agree with him, but he makes me think about why I think what I do, and I appreciate that.
I am a reformed Monkey Pimp Disciple... until that ordeal with the Killer Toasted Cheese Sandwich. :D

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I remember Canadians booing the American anthem in the past as well. They sorely underestimate how important hockey is to a lot of Canadians.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Why? He is a good sport - he can take it as well as he can give it.
You forgot to quote the rest of it: I rarely agree with him, but he makes me think about why I think what I do, and I appreciate that.

:)

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
I remember Canadians booing the American anthem in the past as well. They sorely underestimate how important hockey is to a lot of Canadians.
Hockey is important and so is the star spangled banner to the americans that are out there playing. It is embarassing to hockey fans when this happens.

This is the first time i heard about why Canada did not participate in the U.S. war though. Age old political traditions they called it.

It took some canadians to boo the hockey game in order to get a direct answer around here.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
originally posted by serial midget - Arg! Don't you Canadians watch US Network TV??? It's a Coalition of the Willing who are conducting this war.

a u.s. led war it is. how quickly people forget that the u.s. used their diplomatic immunity (because the u.n. resides in america) to 'go alone' and there was nothing that anyone could do to stop them.

That is why when russia and china tried to declare that this is an illegal war at inception they were defeated and their comments were stricken from the media almost right away. The U.S. is not about to be tried by an existing international body.

Basically George W. Bush is acting above the law right now in his actions. The rest just joined the coalition afterward. He is untouchable in his position and can decide to attack another country after Iraq while the U.N. picks up the pieces afterward. I am betting on North Korea in 6 months after this war is finished. However the Isreal situation ranks in there too.

America is a war machine. With all of that hatred and instant gratification they will get from regime change, they are not going to stop. Ceasing operations while the U.N. rebuilds Iraq would just strengthen their Public and International Relations just enough to go again in 6 months.

George W. Bush won't be allowed to keep the oil, he will continue to pursue the war on terrorism. Clear-cutting as many enemies of the U.S. as possible in an effort to establish lasting world peace.

That is my impression of what is to come, it isn't about to get revealed to americans all at once, it will get drawn out in the media.

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Originally posted by Drunken_Ninja

a u.s. led war it is. how quickly people forget that the u.s. used their diplomatic immunity (because the u.n. resides in america) to 'go alone' and there was nothing that anyone could do to stop them.

Not true, there were 30 countries that had agreed with the US, just that none of them where Russia, France, Germany, China.

That is why when russia and china tried to declare that this is an illegal war at inception they were defeated and their comments were stricken from the media almost right away. The U.S. is not about to be tried by an existing international body.

They could not have declared this an illegal war when in September they all agreed to the use of force to remove saddam if he didn't finally disarm. Besides the fact that the Russians continue to kill Chechens and no one seems to carfe.

Basically George W. Bush is acting above the law right now in his actions. The rest just joined the coalition afterward. He is untouchable in his position and can decide to attack another country after Iraq while the U.N. picks up the pieces afterward. I am betting on North Korea in 6 months after this war is finished. However the Isreal situation ranks in there too.

No, Bush is acting on the law and the other members of the council are ignoring it except for Britain. As for North Korea, I really do hope that what they see on TV scares them a little, maybe they will follow all the rules that the world has set for them instead of starving their people to death. Israel?? not sure except for the palestinians what you are talking about there. The Israelis and the Palestinians need to mend things and that is their business

America is a war machine. With all of that hatred and instant gratification they will get from regime change, they are not going to stop. Ceasing operations while the U.N. rebuilds Iraq would just strengthen their Public and International Relations just enough to go again in 6 months.

America is one of only 30 or so countries with the cajones to stand up to the Tyrants and follow through with resolutions that the other countries rollover and spread their legs on. .

George W. Bush won't be allowed to keep the oil, he will continue to pursue the war on terrorism. Clear-cutting as many enemies of the U.S. as possible in an effort to establish lasting world peace.

Bush never intended to keep the oil. This is the stuff that I find so funny. All these other countries with economic stakes in Iraq like to accuse the US of being as low and dirty as they are, sorry, but that is not the case. This is one of the few countries where laws do mean something. France, Germany, Russia all have serious economic stakes in this and have no humanitarian intentions, because if they did, they would have done something about saddam a long time ago.

That is my impression of what is to come, it isn't about to get revealed to americans all at once, it will get drawn out in the media.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Drunken_Ninja

Damn straight. :monkey:

We have the the testicles of the former USSR in at jar at the Smithsonian.

Nope, we already been there and done that. Kim Chi is tasty though.

Well... we are the biggest kid on the block.

Please... :rolleyes: We're not even going to touch "The Oil" :monkey:

That is my impression of what is to come, it isn't about to get revealed to Americans all at once, it will get drawn out in the media.

You forgot about the stock market going back up while oil prices decrease.

Thepagoda

Chimp
Aug 31, 2002
Davis, CA
Kim Chee is gnasty. As for oil, who needs it? The rising popularity of SUVs like the Excursion, Suburban and Expedion with their outstanding fuel economies show that the US will soon have no need for refined oil. Plus efforts to curb the use of plastics in disposable packaging, while coupled with information campaigns about plastics recycling, have almost reduced the plastics demand to only the essentials: condoms, IV bags and soda straws.