Quantcast

france....

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
And actually, although I am not "that guy" I am one of those guys. One of the guys who runs towards gunfire and explosions for 27 years of my adult life, probably since before you first played a video game. I have bled in the service of this country, and my friends and co workers have died. So until you sack up and quit playing internet tough guy and start thinking rationally about how to stop the problem of international terrorism, do us a favor and shut the fuck up.
Look I'm not going to post a treatise on what our foreign policy should be. But yeah, we need to "fight back" to make it real simple. What's your rational solution? Do nothing? What mos btw?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Look I'm not going to post a treatise on what our foreign policy should be. But yeah, we need to "fight back" to make it real simple. What's your rational solution? Do nothing? What mos btw?
I will tell you (And the Monkey...) what I said after 9/11. There is no clear cut answer. IMHO, our approach needs to be twofold. First, this is a Special Operations war. You give the Operators what they need to exterminate the extremists in their own backyards. Yes, this means taking it to them, and surgically eliminating them. This also means that intelligence agencies need to be allowed to do what they do best, collect intelligence. Unfortunately this also leads to possible privacy violations that we do not in our society accept.

Secondly, we must win the hearts and minds of the young (18-32) disenfranchised Muslims who are most in danger of self radicalization. How? By not being dicks. By taking away their rationale for following the deluded misinterpretations of radical Imams and sheikhs...by giving them a voice and an honest opportunity to lead in their communities. You, in the language of Barney Fife, have got to nip it in the bud.

Islam is not the problem...RADICAL Islam is. Jut as radical Xtianity is a problem, and radical any religion is a problem. Arguing about who has the best imaginary invisible man in the sky is ignorant and destructive.

More guns on our streets is not the answer to anything any more than more bars is the answer to the problem of drunk driving.

I am an MP fwiw...

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Look I'm not going to post a treatise on what our foreign policy should be.
Why not? You seem perfectly comfortable telling an entire sovereign nation how they are supposed to handle their own internal affairs.

The OBVIOUS take away to anyone who is paying attention is this: France's unwillingness to fight back has turned that country in a Muslim stronghold. There are blocks and blocks of Muslim ghettos just outside the pretty touristy spots that you can't even travel thru. Did you know that?
Besides, I thought Frances "unwillingness to fight back" had already turned it into a German stronghold?

Isn't that the joke you would have made with your fascists friends about france a week ago? Or is that too OBVIOUS?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...ask any Foreign Legion Vet about Frances willingness to fight back. Do not misinterpret their reluctance to fully engage in a war with no end as a reluctance to fight. I honestly feel that their refusal to join in Bushes little corporate war in SEA was a smart move. This is the country that has been almost completely destroyed TWICE in the past century, and is still healing physical scars from this every day. Only the Right Wing spin machine over the past 40 odd years has turned them into cowards.

I eagerly anticipate seeing the UNs reaction to this. This is the perfect time for them to stand up and prove that they are not the worthless bureaucracy we think they are

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Let's see. The United States has had blocks and blocks of {Jewish, Italian, Irish, Chinese, Polish, ...} ghettos that the uppah crust bitched about in their time. Look at all the destruction that ensued.
there's also blocks of disenfranchised, well armed white people with extreme views where you shouldn't go either. i think they're called "trailer parks"

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Did we get attacked?

(we should support france, but not be leading anything in this)

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I think more and more that we are already in the WWIII.

The problem witht the ISIS, El-Kaida, etc. is that they are - at least for me- batsh!t crazy and at the same time highly intelligent and effective guerillas. If you bomb them in their homecountry, they come in your country and kill civilists. You cannot control them. Isolating them is next to impossible and their network is that big now, that they are basically able to strike everyday.
It's like a metastasized cancer.

Yesterday night France did a razzia in about 130 appartments countrywide. What they found really gives you the chills.
Bazookas, bombs, Ak-47s - you name it, they got it.

It is scary, really scary.

Last edited:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Also, on Thursday, police arrested extremists in Southtyrol, my hometown along with other cells in mountain towns. which in terms of political and economical questions are not even existent on the map.
To put it simply: From a place like in the middle of the alps you are in a lot of big cities in half a day. At the same time you are completely off the radar of the authorities it seems.
They are everywhere already.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Republicans. Guess their memories are as long as their dicks.
Like a good friend who tried to take away the car keys from a power drunk U.S. administration before it got behind the wheel, France had the wisdom and forethought to try to stop the United States from its biggest foreign policy catastrophe since the Vietnam War.

And how did the Republican Right in the U.S. respond?

The Republican-controlled House of Representatives stopped selling French Fries in its cafeteria (which are from Belgium anyway) and changed their name to "Freedom Fries."

They vilified France because the French government had the good sense to try to block Bush and Cheney's war of aggression in Iraq through its United Nations veto power.

The United States had not seen such culinary propaganda since the World War One era, when the U.S. government's Committee on Public Information (the Creel Committee) sought to enflame anti-German sentiment by changing bratwurst to "hotdogs," hamburgers to "Salisbury steak," and sauerkraut to "victory cabbage."

The Republicans displayed the same level of hostility toward the French for opposing their war of choice in Iraq as an earlier generation of American propagandists showed toward Kaiser Wilhelm II.

Right-wing talk radio hosts organized events where their fans poured French wine down gutters as a symbolic protest against the French who dared to question the infinite wisdom of their Commander-in-Chief.

During George W. Bush's vicious 2004 re-election campaign against John Kerry Bush's Secretary of Commerce, Donald Evans, repeatedly said that Kerry "looks French."

The Republican House Majority Leader, Tom DeLay of Texas, began many of his Bush campaign speeches: "As John Kerry would say, bonjour."

At the 2004 Republican National Convention in New York City "Democratic" Senator Zell Miller of Georgia received thunderous applause when he trashed John Kerry in his keynote address saying, "Kerry would let Paris decide when America needs defending!"

The same right-wingers that today are using the Paris attacks to further their shrill Manichean worldview denigrated "our oldest ally" for showing the good sense of not going along with Bush's war in Iraq.