Quantcast

france....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
can't make this stuff up.

So next up is Rep. Tony Dale (R-Cedar Park). Dale is standing behind Gov. Abbott in his decision of pulling up the drawbridge. Dale agrees with the governor about the whole “not knowing who is a terrorist thing”, but takes it a step further.

Dale’s reasoning to keep out refugees? It would be too easy for them to get their hands on guns, blaming current Texas laws for being so lax. You see, it isn’t only white Texas patriots who can easily obtain a firearm in less time than it takes to watch an episode of Walker: Texas Ranger. Theoretically, a scary terrorist refugee could saunter into any gun store and have an AR-15 in his hands in less than an hour. So now they’re afraid.

http://reverbpress.com/politics/tx-rep-says-refugees-not-welcome-easy-guns/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=sponsored&utm_campaign=bl

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Is this action going to lead to long-term stability in the region? I think not. This is a show of force from Russia to show that they're still relevant and have fancy weaponry like the West.
reminder: they did just have a commercial airliner blown up over egypt last week.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
reminder: they did just have a commercial airliner blown up over egypt last week.
In the long run it'll have as much long term positive effect as our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq post 9/11 have.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In the long run it'll have as much long term positive effect as our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq post 9/11 have.
The war against Al Queda was effective enough that it contributed to the power vacuum that allowed ISIS to form. Al Queda didn't beleive in openly attacking other muslims, didn't care about occupying territory. Not the "party like it is 1499" ideology that ISIS has.

Albeit a stretch, it is possible that ISIS would never have formed if Al Queda was still as powerful as it once was.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is this action going to lead to long-term stability in the region? I think not. This is a show of force from Russia to show that they're still relevant and have fancy weaponry like the West.
Was discussing this with a buddy last night. The only way to create stability in the region will be to break up the region into smaller, culturally similar countries and to, in effect, create an international guardianship of the area. Iraq and Syria would have to be broken up. The Kurds would take the Northern ends of both countries to create the long wanted Kurdistan. The large Shiite populations that border with Iran would be aggregated into Iran. The rest would have to be claimed by either other large, regional countries or broken into smaller countries that the UN effectively controls.

It's the only way to make the area compact (if that makes sense) enough to regulate. Western schooling needs to be brought in and protected, hard-handed if necessary, to educate the population beyond the Koran. Education is feared by religious leaders everywhere, as it takes away their power. Also, education will provide 1-2 generations down the line the ability to breed out radicalization.

I am not a fan or believer of occupying the (or any) region, but I can't see any other way to stabilize things.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Such a top down approach will fail, no matter how well intentioned. The solution is to get out and come to terms with the fact that we cannot stop isolated attacks (that numerically are negligible in their effect) from crazies.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Such a top down approach will fail, no matter how well intentioned. The solution is to get out and come to terms with the fact that we cannot stop isolated attacks (that numerically are negligible in their effect) from crazies.
But everybody in the West is scared that THEY might be next. Have to kill other people to save ourselves from a risk that's multiples less likely than even being struck by lightning.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
come to terms with the fact that we cannot stop isolated attacks (that numerically are negligible in their effect) from crazies.
crazies......random gun shootings?

as far as the states.....i've done that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
crazies......random gun shootings?

as far as the states.....i've done that.
In both cases reasonable actions can be taken to reduce occurrences. We have a whole branch of government dedicated to preventing one and fuckall for the other. OK we do have the ATF, but when it comes to the F part, they have very little to enforce.

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
Very naive...

Hijrah - Islamic doctrine of migration:

"And whoever emigrates for the cause of Allah will find on the earth many locations and abundance,” says the Quran. “And whoever leaves his home as an emigrant to Allah and His Messenger and then death overtakes him, his reward has already become incumbent upon Allah. And Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful" (Quran 4:100).

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Very naive...

"And whoever emigrates for the cause of Allah will find on the earth many locations and abundance,” says the Quran. “And whoever leaves his home as an emigrant to Allah and His Messenger and then death overtakes him, his reward has already become incumbent upon Allah. And Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful" (Quran 4:100).
I'm done with this xenophobic isht. For somebody that seems to know all of the intricacies of Islam, how about you explain how Islam now is any different than Christianity was 600 years ago? Christianity is 600 years older than Islam. That would put their timeline about when the 13/14th century Crusades were occuring.

Please. Enlighten us.

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
I'm done with this xenophobic isht. For somebody that seems to know all of the intricacies of Islam, how about you explain how Islam now is any different than Christianity was 600 years ago? Christianity is 600 years older than Islam. That would put their timeline about when the 13/14th century Crusades were occuring.

Please. Enlighten us.
How about you explain why that's even relevant.

That post was not xenophobic, it's simply their cause in their own words. In which case your the xenophobe here. It's just okay if it's against Christians right?

But your missing the bigger point, this is the France thread, not religion. This is about isis absolutely using the refugee crisis to sneak terrorists into foreign countries. Nothing to do with religion.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Very naive...

wow, you sure told me :rolleyes:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Very naive...

and what if they emigrate to the south pole in the name of allah? all they have in abundance down there is snow, ice, and penguin shit.

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
According to Deadspin, Russia just took the gloves off and brought out the bombers. Game. F*ing. On.

To quote one of the posters over there:
So when the US gets involved it's an imperialistic murderous capitalist take over.

But when it's the Ruskies it gives you a funny tingle down your leg.

Research civilian deaths from the Russian isis bombing. It's over 50%. They are also carpet bombing, which is against the Geneva Convention, and using thermobaric ordinance, which while not illegal, its one step below a nuclear explosion and results in high collateral damage.

But more importantly, Russia's supposed attack on Isis is simply a shiny sparkly distraction to take your eyes off their real goal.

Isis means nothing to Russia.

They're just a means to an end: to make the US' allies question NATO (which by doing practically nothing in Syria, Obama is helping Putin immensely with this goal... Putin's narrative: "Look how Putin is helping his buddy Asad while the US 'sends 50 special forces' operators." But don't call them troops. They're not troops.) With NATO out of the way, the Soviet Union, err Russia, can absorb Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia unimpeded. This was the KGB's goal while Putin served there, and it's still his goal. See Ukraine, circa 2015. Except that Lithuania Latvia and Estonia all belong to NATO and the EU. The Ukraine did not.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
How about you explain why that's even relevant.

That post was not xenophobic, it's simply their cause in their own words. In which case your the xenophobe here. It's just okay if it's against Christians right?

But your missing the bigger point, this is the France thread, not religion. This is about isis absolutely using the refugee crisis to sneak terrorists into foreign countries. Nothing to do with religion.
1. None of the people involved in the Paris attacks were refugees.

2. You quoted the Quaran. Please explain to me how that is not about religion?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Jim Wright said:
I've seen literally hundreds of variations on this theme today.

Obama cares more about Muslim refugees than he does about homeless veterans.

The next person who says this to me? I'm likely to punch right in the fucking mouth and KEEP punching until I pound the hypocrisy out them.

Honestly, I can't think ANY other way to get through to these assholes. Threats and violence are the only thing they understand. Reason, logic, actual history, religion, NOTHING works. They've walked around the homeless and the destitute and the hungry and the poor and the sick their entire lives. They bitch and complain and whine ENDLESSLY about how terrible they have it, in fact they never shut the fuck up about how miserable they have it - and they walk around the homeless every single day without a second thought. Hell, it's not enough for them to ignore the destitute, these very same assholes pass laws prohibiting YOU from helping the homeless and they bulldoze homeless encampments and cut funding for shelters at EVERY opportunity.

They didn't give a shit about homeless veterans before Obama, they don't now, and they NEVER will.

That picture? That one of the dead Syrian child washed up on a beach? The one I asked you to stop posting? I asked you to stop posting it because it does NOTHING. They don't care. These people are the same ones whose ancestors looked at dead African American children and dead Native American children and shrugged. Nits make lice, they said, one less to grow up into my enemy. Get 'em while they're young. These are the same people, the very same people, who turn back sick starving abused children at our Southern border every single day. Who stood outside a bus full of refugee children in Southern California shouting fuck you, go home and die, pendejos. If pictures of dead children had ANY power to sway these selfish sons of bitches, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place.

And now? Now it's homeless veterans. Wah wah wah and oh my eyes are full of tears for their sad condition. What has Obama, OBAMA, done about homeless veterans? Wah wah wah. We should take care of our own first.

Take care of our own first?

Really? Take care of our own first? I'm hip.

WHAT THE FUCK IS STOPPING YOU?

You want to do something about homeless vets? Your heart bleeds red, white, and blue for their plight? Then DO something about it, or shut the fuck up.

If these people actually gave even the smallest shit about veterans, they'd actually DO something instead of creating memes to attack whichever political party or politician they currently despise.

I'll say here what I said in reply to somebody on another thread complaining about Michelle Obama's effort to find housing for Veterans:

US Veterans have suffered the effects of war and American indifference since the Revolution. The First Lady, Michelle Obama, made veteran care and especially military families her priority since the day she moved into the White House. She's done more for veterans than all the worthless yellow magnets stuck on the back of SUVs across America and more than the majority of our worthless Congress combined and has quietly, every day for the last seven years. This woman has been a tireless advocate for military families, but she gets no credit for it and you for sure won't hear Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck mention it between calling her a "gorilla" and a "mooch."

Yes, it sure would great to see America actually do something for homeless vets - or ALL the homeless Americans those vets fought for, for that matter. But this is nothing new. This didn't happen or start on Obama's watch and it won't end with the next president whoever that may be. This isn't the President, this is US. We Americans. We've been walking around veterans on the street for two centuries. And you'll note despite all the teary-eyed patriotic rhetoric from the chest beating war mongers in Congress, they STILL haven't passed a Veterans Jobs bill and they blocked VA funding, again. Veterans are nothing more than a way to score points for both sides and Congress should be ashamed - but they don't even have the decency to do that much, nor do we have the courage and wherewithal to elect those who do.

Obama is hardly the first to welcome refugees to America. We are a nation of refugees and immigrants fleeing war, oppression, poverty, hunger, and terror and we ALWAYS have been.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

From Irish and Dutch immigrants fleeing the Potato Famine to Europeans and Chinese fleeing the Nazis and Imperial Japan, to Cambodians fleeing the killing fields, to Vietnamese, to Somalia, and Kurds, and Cubans, and Russians, and Latinos from every country in South and Central America, Presidents both liberal and conservative have welcomed refugees and immigrants to our shores - as people like Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio and even Barack Obama should be able to tell you.

This nonsense? This idiotic meme? The dimwitted, booger eating, soundbite partisan mentality like that in the picture above? That, that right there, is a far, far, far greater threat to the future of this country than any refugee.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So when the US gets involved it's an imperialistic murderous capitalist take over.

But when it's the Ruskies it gives you a funny tingle down your leg.

Research civilian deaths from the Russian isis bombing. It's over 50%. They are also carpet bombing, which is against the Geneva Convention, and using thermobaric ordinance, which while not illegal, its one step below a nuclear explosion and results in high collateral damage.

But more importantly, Russia's supposed attack on Isis is simply a shiny sparkly distraction to take your eyes off their real goal.

Isis means nothing to Russia.

They're just a means to an end: to make the US' allies question NATO (which by doing practically nothing in Syria, Obama is helping Putin immensely with this goal... Putin's narrative: "Look how Putin is helping his buddy Asad while the US 'sends 50 special forces' operators." But don't call them troops. They're not troops.) With NATO out of the way, the Soviet Union, err Russia, can absorb Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia unimpeded. This was the KGB's goal while Putin served there, and it's still his goal. See Ukraine, circa 2015. Except that Lithuania Latvia and Estonia all belong to NATO and the EU. The Ukraine did not.
I'm not even going to address the bottom half of this comment, as the tin foil hat is strong.

The reason I posted that is BECAUSE Russia doesn't care. We have made no headway against this group, as the consequences of their actions vs the US are not substantial. Russia gives two f*cks about what the rest of the world thinks and goes in so heavy handed, that the consequences of actions are much higher.

It's no longer precision bombing with minimal casualties. It's all-out, full fledged warfare. Family and loved ones are now directly in harms way. The FSB Alpha Group, in terrorist situations, has taken hostage of and dismembered family members of terrorists. When the gloves come off, isht changes and the gloves have come off.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
and Jesus saideth unto them "For we shall enrich the plutonium of Galilee, unto such time we may unleasheth the subatomic particles of the Holy Fission, and we shall rain smite and radiation upon thine enemies."

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
1. None of the people involved in the Paris attacks were refugees.

A. So what? I didn't say legit refugees were a threat, I said Isis & other terrorists will exploit their emigration.

2. You quoted the Quaran. Please explain to me how that is not about religion?

B. The context is terrorism & fanatical Islam using the refugee crisis to further jihad and more attacks. But you're right in the sense that one cannot separate terrorism from Islam, for the most part. Just like one cannot separate polygamy from fundamentalist Mormons, for the most part.

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
I'm not even going to address the bottom half of this comment, as the tin foil hat is strong.

The reason I posted that is BECAUSE Russia doesn't care. We have made no headway against this group, as the consequences of their actions vs the US are not substantial. Russia gives two f*cks about what the rest of the world thinks and goes in so heavy handed, that the consequences of actions are much higher.

It's no longer precision bombing with minimal casualties. It's all-out, full fledged warfare. Family and loved ones are now directly in harms way. The FSB Alpha Group, in terrorist situations, has taken hostage of and dismembered family members of terrorists. When the gloves come off, isht changes and the gloves have come off.
If you think that is tin foil hat speak, you're beyond naive.

Naive is the next rung up the ladder you aspire to.

This is EXACTLY the narrative used in Ukraine.

Putin will start pointing out the ineffectiveness of NATO in the next few months is my guess.

Stay tuned for episode 3 of What Did I Say...