Quantcast

! Fray dray !

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i had to google roller skis and..........

:rofl:
The way I see it, if he wants to get serious about a sport, who am I to stand in his way?!

Plus, his fitness from xc skiing is ridiculous. Apparently, xc skiers have the highest VO2 max of all athletes, so I figure if he can develop his engine early in life, it will serve him well...

But yeah, it definitely looks goofy.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The way I see it, if he wants to get serious about a sport, who am I to stand in his way?!

Plus, his fitness from xc skiing is ridiculous. Apparently, xc skiers have the highest VO2 max of all athletes, so I figure if he can develop his engine early in life, it will serve him well...

But yeah, it definitely looks goofy.
More power to the kid, let him get after it. Personally, I was never able to get the skate part of skate skiing, but did a marvelous job propelling myself around the course using my arms. Developed some serious triceps throughout the season.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You still had those goddam things? Emergency Rations... they come in handy when there's an emergency.
Oh God no... I threw them away a LOOOOOOOONG time ago. That day we used them was *also* a LOOOOOOOONG time ago. I can see how one might be confused by my post. Particularly one with such advanced age and retreating cognitive function as yourself.

I too am intrigued.
DUMB, I tell ya. DUMB.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Semi-broken XPS finally semi-fixed, I am on the third chassis IIRC. There must be eleventy billionty screws holding the keyboard in and I don't think I misplaced any. I shall resurrect my virtual flying now that the life of that thing has been extended again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Damn, some old fuck in a cream coloured Cadillac almost just killed me and someone else in a pickup towing a trailer.

The dumbass cutover this median, from the freeway on the left and jumped onto the offramp at a dead stop pretty much. The truck in front of me with the trailer swerved as he saw the car coming, then buddy just rolls out in front of me - I've never felt a shitty little front wheel drive car fish tail like that, trying to avoid t-boning the guy. The crack in my windshield appears to have gotten longer because of that too.
1654287886760.png

Idiots who do this just need to admit defeat and continue down the road and do a uturn or whatever. Don't risk killing yourself or someone else because you're a dumbass and fucked up.

:banghead:

BEER time right about meow

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Wrist finally seems to be improving, so that’s nice. Wife is off for a girl’s weekend so just gonna hang out with the kids all weekend. I sense some clip-n-climb or something on the agenda. Maybe ice skating…

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Damn, some old fuck in a cream coloured Cadillac almost just killed me and someone else in a pickup towing a trailer.

The dumbass cutover this median, from the freeway on the left and jumped onto the offramp at a dead stop pretty much. The truck in front of me with the trailer swerved as he saw the car coming, then buddy just rolls out in front of me - I've never felt a shitty little front wheel drive car fish tail like that, trying to avoid t-boning the guy. The crack in my windshield appears to have gotten longer because of that too.
View attachment 177268

Idiots who do this just need to admit defeat and continue down the road and do a uturn or whatever. Don't risk killing yourself or someone else because you're a dumbass and fucked up.

:banghead:

BEER time right about meow
I was just remarking to the wife the other day that I don't think people realize the potential ramifications of their aggressive and horrible driving. People could literally die all because of one person's bullshit.

I get that accidents happen, and sometimes it's an honest mistake, but people who willfully drive in a fashion that puts everyone else in danger don't deserve the privilege of driving.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I was just remarking to the wife the other day that I don't think people realize the potential ramifications of their aggressive and horrible driving. People could literally die all because of one person's bullshit.

I get that accidents happen, and sometimes it's an honest mistake, but people who willfully drive in a fashion that puts everyone else in danger don't deserve the privilege of driving.
There's a huge difference between aggressive and careless driving. I'll take some healthy aggression (within sensible limits) over careless, unaware driving 10 times out of 10.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Semi-broken XPS finally semi-fixed, I am on the third chassis IIRC. There must be eleventy billionty screws holding the keyboard in and I don't think I misplaced any. I shall resurrect my virtual flying now that the life of that thing has been extended again.
Dammit, I thought an XPS might be ok.

Wife bought me a new laptop to replace my 2012 vintage one and I'm just setting it up.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There's a huge difference between aggressive and careless driving. I'll take some healthy aggression (within sensible limits) over careless, unaware driving 10 times out of 10.
Agreed very true. @Adventurous and the really scary part is how frequently I, and I'm sure yall down there, witness the careless driving.

It's pretty much on every car trip...someone bouncing off the lanes like a bowling ball on their cell phone, people doing the above, idiots blowing through crosswalks etc etc etc

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
:wave:

Slept like the dead last night. Still in bed, but I'm going to have to pee pretty soon. Taking wife to a play in Denver this evening, flight to Cali tomorrow morning.
You need to get a “pee bottle”

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Dammit, I thought an XPS might be ok.
Mine's a veteran, a 9550. The fact that you can fix it at home and buy and replace parts that break is a huge plus. OTOH, my year old MacBook Air died a week ago and there's nothing you can do about it. Everything is on a single system board that costs 80% of a new item. #fuckapple #nomoreapple

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Any word on your bikes and whatnot?
Apparently they are somewhere near Antwerp. Enjoying the European spring weather no doubt...

Finished the day on a high note. Migraine starts building before lunch. Friday is an "early" day so I leave around 2:00...continues to build on the longest drive home in history. I almost hurl in my driveway, but make it inside just in time to spew into the kitchen sink. One of those freshman girl at a frat party endless puking up things your grampa ate spews. Right in front of my son. I am spewing, trying to catch my breath and giving him the side eye...all he can say is "Uhhh, are you okay??" Smart kid. Deans list, NHS, straight As etc. And I, his father (Allegedly...) apparently puke for fun...

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went to work event. walked across the mighty mississipi to the cool punk rock brewery. great success.
1654315104946.jpeg

now back on the iowa side chillin at the other spot. still a beautiful evening. tour in the morning, then home sweet home.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Workday was fucking hell. Had to transport a 500 pound mass of humanity in a manual wheelchair. I could barely push them up a slight grade. Had to transport them twice. My muscles are passed at me. At least I am now camped along one of my favorite fly fishing stretches of the Carson River for the weekend
20220603_205135~2.jpg