Quantcast

Freaking Fantastic News!! (plus a great post-op pic!)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I went in for my post op today and the wrist looks super!! And, my docs said instead of six weeks until I can ride again, it's only going to be 3!!!! They did say that for the first couple weeks back I should really only ride road and easy MTB, but that's a heck of a lot better than wait six weeks, then start riding easy again! I'm so stoked because I'm not going to miss my first race of the season now! Oh, and here is a stunning pic of the wound after they took all the bandages and splint off! They had to leave a couple of stitches in for a few more days, but it's healing super!

Attachments

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
DHS said:
wow killer scar!

yay for the Diva!

check you pms..
They managed to cut it open right over the old incision, but they did have to end up extending it about an inch farther down the arm. Regardless, it's really not too bad looking considering this is the second time they've gone in to it in a year and a half.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
aggrorider said:
excellent! hang in there... I was in a cast for 12 weeks on a broken scaphoid
That's exactly what I did to end up here, just blew apart my wrist. I'm guess I'm so stoked about this surgery, because after I wrecked it and they reconstructed it, I was in a cast for almost 6 months!! Absolute worst 6 months of my life!

I was really bummed they had to go in again because I was going to miss a bit of racing (first time back doing any racing since "the accident") and now it's going so smoothly!

I am so exstatic!!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Snacks said:
What's your first race?
The Willamette Pass Super D on June 17th!! Are you guys going to be there or at Hood?? Originally, I had planned to do the spring thaw and the 12 mile super d in Ashland, but I won't be cleared by then. But originally I wasn't even going to be able to race the the willamette race in June, which I was really bummed about because it's a series.

Are you and Kevin racing the Spring Fling this weekend?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
DH Diva said:
The Willamette Pass Super D on June 17th!! Are you guys going to be there or at Hood?? Originally, I had planned to do the spring thaw and the 12 mile super d in Ashland, but I won't be cleared by then. But originally I wasn't even going to be able to race the the willamette race in June, which I was really bummed about because it's a series.

Are you and Kevin racing the Spring Fling this weekend?
Nice:) Nope, we won't be there. I have a Sugoi women's clinic up at Whistler that weekend. We'll be down at Willamette Pass for the race in July. I know you won't be doing the DH race, but isn't the Super D on the Sat. before. Please post a report of your race!

Yep, we are doing the race at Hood this weekend. Uhg....two runs on the Bridal Trail:dead:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Snacks said:
Nice:) Nope, we won't be there. I have a Sugoi women's clinic up at Whistler that weekend. We'll be down at Willamette Pass for the race in July. I know you won't be doing the DH race, but isn't the Super D on the Sat. before. Please post a report of your race!

Yep, we are doing the race at Hood this weekend. Uhg....two runs on the Bridal Trail:dead:
Have fun at your clinic! What is the bridal trail like?? I've never been on it. Is it DH bike worthy or would a trail bike be more appropriate? I might try it next year.

The Super D's at willamette are the day before the DH, but I'm going to be sticking around for sunday to volunteer or shoot pictures, and also get to hang out with my old DH buddies! Will you guys be camping up at the pass? We will most definitely have to meet up and have a beer or something!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
DH Diva said:
Have fun at your clinic! What is the bridal trail like?? I've never been on it. Is it DH bike worthy or would a trail bike be more appropriate? I might try it next year.

The Super D's at willamette are the day before the DH, but I'm going to be sticking around for sunday to volunteer or shoot pictures, and also get to hang out with my old DH buddies! Will you guys be camping up at the pass? We will most definitely have to meet up and have a beer or something!
Thanks:) I have never done the Bridal trail so I'm not sure....a group of us started out on it two summers ago, but after a 1/2 mile into it Skookum broke his leg:dead: Simon is going down and riding his MK3 so I'm thinking trail bike worthy.

We'll be down for the Willamette race in July, will you be doing that race too? Yes, we will be camping in the parking lot:)

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
That is one heck of a scar...what bone did you brake in your wrist...looks like like it was probably a couple of them huh.?????