Quantcast

Free Dogs

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I know this may be a long shot, but I've seen others posting, so I'll give it a shot.

I have 2 dogs, have had them for 8 years now, so it wasnt easy coming to this decision. My living situation has changed drastically in the past 6 months, and I have them with me now, but I am trying to get out this place ASAP, and when I do move I will have to rent, and if you have ever tried to find a place to rent and had pets, you know this is not an easy task, and when one is a Rottweiler, it makes it even harder. Now I have had them for 8 years they were raised together and I would prefer they stay together. They are both well trained and very obediant. Both were brought up around my kids (I have a 5 year old girl and a 6 month old boy), very gentle. I just dont have the room for them where I am staying now. I also dont have alot of time for them lately. Like I said they are bigger dogs and idealy someone on a farm or with a decent piece of land would be perfect. I hate doing it but I know it will be best for them and my family if we can find a good home. If anyone is interested lemme know and we can meet so you can meet the dogs. Oh both are neutered. Kong (the rotty) Lucky (the mut). Both males.

Attachments

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
John, that had to be hard, I feel for you man. You might also try posting on PASA and the THTB for more locals. Good luck, and I will keep an eye out.

huckaduck

Chimp
Mar 23, 2008
Scruffy city
Man that is an amazingly hard thing to do, but if you are willing to give something you love a new home because you really love them, thats awesome. i feel for ya man.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Thanks fellas, it does suck, and if we do find a home for them, telling my little girl is gonna really suck. I'll post on both those other sites and Cecil if your mother in law knows of anyone let me know.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I will just add, the other week I got to meet both these dogs and they are very friendly and playfull.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
John - it's hard to find a rental that allows pets but definitely not impossible. I personally wouldn't even consider it an option. If they're 8 yrs old you don't have that much time left with them anyway so you might as well keep offering them a good home for a few more years and THEN re-evalutate. Just my .02.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I don't know you, so don't take this the wrong way. But when you adopt/own/have/whatever dogs for 8 years, you just don't give them up because your lifestyle changes. You made a commitment to those pups and you need to stick to it. Make adjustments to keep them.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
JohnBoy,
I heard you are your own boss now. Sweet!!

I've met these dogs and they were quite well behaved.
Great around kids too. Hope they find a nice home!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I don't know you, so don't take this the wrong way. But when you adopt/own/have/whatever dogs for 8 years, you just don't give them up because your lifestyle changes. You made a commitment to those pups and you need to stick to it. Make adjustments to keep them.
Yeah, just b/c your lifestlye changed and you are limp in the wrist now, you don't need to give up your dogs!! ;)
(Joke)

Seriously though, if he is going to have to move into a small apartment b/c he has to be near downtown or something, I think it is admireable that he is looking for a good home for his pups instead of having them all cramped up in a tiny place. He just wants to do what is best for THEM. It isn't like he said, take my dogs or I'm going to put them to sleep.:disgust1: I'm sure that if no one can take them, he will adjust. His first preference is to get them a good home though.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I do hear what your saying and believe me its something that has been wearing on me for awhile. I think if you new my situation better you may see why I made the decision to try and find them a good home. And Im not gonna give them to just any smuck that may want them, so if I dont find a good home I will adjust. I want them to have it better than they do with me.

And Jeff, yes I am my own boss now, just need to start making some real money and it will be even sweeter!!! I asure you my wrist is not limp. Any chance you wanna make it east for opening weekend at Snow Shoe with us? May 23? Not that you dont have a plethra of better riding out there, but I know you wanna see us agian and Rob Leo misses ya man!!!! If you come all the way from Cali to ride with us you can stay with us for free, c'mon man, how sweet is that?