Quantcast

Free iPod - Wow, it really is legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
Ok, sorry admin.... but is it ok if I repost the rest and just have them e-mail me if they want to take me up on my offer to pay their shipping?

**Mod edit: This is a pyramid scheme and no you can't use Ridemonkey for it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so i have to get 6 people total before i get an ipod?or do i get one if just i do it?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Big_Papa1080 said:
bah find sopmething with more storage and similar features for less money. creative nomad is what i want.
Some friends of mine have the Nomad but I havent looked into it until you mentioned it. Looks like its way better than an iPod and has a lot more space on it. I mean, 60GB for $299! Thats how much 20GB iPods go for! I mean, the 40GB Nomad is $249. Sounds like a sweet deal. Plus they can hold actual documents from a computer and be used as an external harddrive not just a music player. Their Zen looks pretty sweet to.
http://us.creative.com/shop/shopcategory.asp?category=213

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
My friend has a Nomad...it has a habit of dying and having to be reformatted. It's also bulkier and heavier than an iPod...I'd go with a mini, mostly because of the size.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
xbluethunderx said:
My friend has a Nomad...it has a habit of dying and having to be reformatted. It's also bulkier and heavier than an iPod...I'd go with a mini, mostly because of the size.
Rio Carbon is a better player than the iPod mini - bettery battery life, lighter, smaller, 1GB more space, and other reasons - see www.dapreview.com

Its also Rio's second generation mini player, they have been making mini-HDD players for at least 6 months longer than Apple.

C. Alshus

Chimp
Oct 9, 2004
Oslo, Norway
But many people buy the iPods because they look very good. And from feelings, image +++. And there wins Apple.

Many of the other players are ugly compared to the iPods.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
COmtbiker12 said:
Plus they can hold actual documents from a computer and be used as an external harddrive not just a music player.
for the record, every ipod from the original through the shuffle has had this ability.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
C. Alshus said:
But many people buy the iPods because they look very good. And from feelings, image +++. And there wins Apple.

Many of the other players are ugly compared to the iPods.
The carbon isn't ugly and smaller devices are made so you don't notice them. Its an audio device - main reason for having one is listening, not looking...

Sporting an ultra-thin and tapered design, and with 25 percent more memory than iPod® mini, this tiny MP3 player, about the size of a business card, will slide into any pocket virtually unnoticeable. The Rio Carbon is capable of holding up to 80 hours of MP3 (160 hours WMA) music**, and with up to 20 hours of battery life on a single charge, music lovers need not worry about running out of juice. Supporting USB 2.0 and a host of file formats; users can download music efficiently and easily from most of their favorite online music sites. The Rio Carbon also includes voice recording and provides seamless integration and support of both the PC and Mac platforms.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
TN said:
can you only use i-tunes with an ipod?
I use iTunes on my computer without owning an iPod, granted I only use it for the dozens upon dozens of radio stations as well as a music library for my computer but if you buy music from their store you can only use it on a PC or an iPod, or so I've heard from some online places.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
COmtbiker12 said:
I use iTunes on my computer without owning an iPod, granted I only use it for the dozens upon dozens of radio stations as well as a music library for my computer but if you buy music from their store you can only use it on a PC or an iPod, or so I've heard from some online places.
yeah I love i-tunes, but I was wondering if you could use a non-apple mp3 player with it. :confused:

EDIT-DUH! I just read my answer.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Pyramid schemes suck.

Supporting them, even if you get a free iPod out of it, also sucks.

:stosh: and :nuts: to the people who have particpated in this.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
yup i have a nomad 40GB, it's cheaper than ipods but it is more bulky and has better battery performance. Also you get brownie points from me when you purchase a creative over an apple just cause you're not following the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.