Quantcast

Free lawn care equipment!

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
K, so I helped TTGF get the rest of her things from her ex's house last nite and he had one of those giant roll off dumpsters pulled into his driveway to throw all his schit away (spring cleaning), well I walk by and there's a lawn mower laying upside down in there. Now my lawn mower is a complete POS, and my dog chewed up the pull start cord, so now to start it, I have to manually wrap some cord around the little plastic spool and stick it on the motor shaft and pull it, if it doesn't start 1st pull, repeat. So anyhow, I say, "Hey man, my mower doesn't have a pull start on it, do you care if I grab that one and use the pull start cover from it?", and he's like "Sure man, go ahead and take it, I think it blew a rod or something in the motor, cuz it doesn't run right". So we pulled it up out of the dumpster and the damn thing is like brand new! So I get it home and am looking at it, pull on the starter a couple times, and it makes this weird vibrating noise, so I flip it up, pull again and realize the blade isn't installed right. I get out a crescent wrench, take the blade off, re-adjust the washers on the blade mount bolt, bolt it back on, check the oil, add some gas, pull it, and boom, fired off first pull. He threw away a perfectly good lawn mower, so now I get to retire my old cheese grater lawn mower for this one. I'm so jazzed. And he had just put a brand new blade on it too. There was also a Husqvarna (?) weedeater in the dumpster too, so I grabbed it as well.

I just couldn't believe it, it was a blessing for sure :D

J

JRB

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
yeah, but I had to do that anyway. And I upgraded from a 3.5 horse 20" cut to a new 4 hp 22" cut with adjustable cut height adjustment

I'm straight pimpin in the yard now :D
Ok bro - I see.

Now get out there and RESPECT that grass. :D

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by loco-gringo
Ok bro - I see.

Now get out there and RESPECT that grass. :D

I'm almost excited to try the damn thing out, I know that sounds weird, but after mowing for 3 summers with my POS, this will almost be a treat. If mowing a lawn can be a treat.

I almost felt bad, since he thought it was ruined and just threw it away, but then I figured, hey, better for me to get it than just taking up space in the landfill

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by MMcG
:thumb:

Too bad he wasn't tossing out a shiny new DH bike in that dumpster too. :D

well, after all the stuff we picked up from him that he was gonna throw away, the money we make from the garage sale would probably knock a good chunk outta one :D

have to buy a new shock for TTGF's bike, I blew her's at the DJ's

J

JRB

Trulio - I had a POS and bought a new one. I mowed twice and enjoyed it(a little) and hate mowing again. Better luck than I had.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by loco-gringo
Trulio - I had a POS and bought a new one. I mowed twice and enjoyed it(a little) and hate mowing again. Better luck than I had.

Yeah, well I don't have a very big yard so I don't mind too much, I just wish my dogs knew how to use a toilet so I wouldn't have to dodge land mines whilst mowing :D

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Yeah, well I don't have a very big yard so I don't mind too much, I just wish my dogs knew how to use a toilet so I wouldn't have to dodge land mines whilst mowing :D
Yeah, dont run over those. :dead: I have to mow my lawn every week, and its not small at all, takes me about an hour or more, plus there is a slight hill and bumps (my yard isn't level at all).
Have fun mowing! :)

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Nice score man. I am always amazed at how fast some people give up on fixing things and just throw them away. I love mowing my yard. Its pretty cool when i run over one of my dogs dried up butt bombs. They explode and shower the area with doggie doo dust. :D

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by Booker
Nice score man. I am always amazed at how fast some people give up on fixing things and just throw them away. I love mowing my yard. Its pretty cool when i run over one of my dogs dried up butt bombs. They explode and shower the area with doggie doo dust. :D

I know it man. I couldn't believe it, I mean this thing is brand freaking new, just pitched in the dumpster. I guess folks have more money than brains or something. I know growing up on the farm, this would have never cut it, I'd have been tearing down the motor and fixing it.

Oh well, got a nice mower now :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice :thumb: I am always amazed at the "something doesn't work so I'll throw it away and get a new one" mentality. We once found a BBQ grill that ourneighbor threw out because the starter button didn't work on...that was it (brand new...not even charred the grills)! Amazing...:rolleyes:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Oh No!!!

DUDE! You are getting old! As soon as you start getting excited about lawn care its all over! Next thing you know you will start a thread talking about escrow & stuff.

Your custom title should read: Middle Aged Man
:D:D:D

but I guess its cool the X got shafted. :thumb:

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by TN
Oh No!!!

DUDE! You are getting old! As soon as you start getting excited about lawn care its all over! Next thing you know you will start a thread talking about escrow & stuff.

Your custom title should read: Middle Aged Man
:D:D:D

but I guess its cool the X got shafted. :thumb:

Yeah, why just the other day I noticed myself sitting in a chair reading the paper with my legs crossed with sans a belt pants on that were too short for me, so you could see my leg hair between the end of my sock and the start of my pant let :D :D

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Yeah, why just the other day I noticed myself sitting in a chair reading the paper with my legs crossed with sans a belt pants on that were too short for me, so you could see my leg hair between the end of my sock and the start of my pant let :D :D

dont listen to him. we found a place to live and we will have a lawn and we are already talking about growing flowers and starting a garden, (as well as building stunts.) soon i will be talking about my perinials like they were children.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by laura
dont listen to him. we found a place to live and we will have a lawn and we are already talking about growing flowers and starting a garden, (as well as building stunts.) soon i will be talking about my perinials like they were children.

good, glad ya'll found something.

funny you say that, cuz i never saw myself as a flower type person, now we have hostas and impatients growing in our yard. as well as a ladder jump over the back fence, about a 20' gap to tranny :D

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
our yard looks like a freakin greenhouse since i am home this summer... we have new guinea impatients, hostas, begonias (in hanging baskets, petunias in the sun, vincas, you name it .. i have it planted some where in my yard... ha ha

i love flowers and maintaining them! it is fun and rewarding to me!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i wanna grow something i can eat. my mom has already donated her green thumb until we get everything looking good around there. i cant wait.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
yeah, my ex hubby was/is a squid... just a dumbarse... he isnt very good with mechanical things but AMAZING with creative design... he is a carpenter and can build ANYTHING with wood... my china cabinet/hutch, my entertainment center with pocket doors, my book shelves, all the cabinets in the house we built, the mantel, etc... he is very talented... he even just built himself a bed... but he just is lazy when it comes to fixing stuff around the house and would rather just throw it away and get a new one... i think it is wasteful and cooter got to see a HUGE fight about the things he was throwing away in that dumpster... he thought it was junk and i saw dollar signs sooo i drug out about 60% of the crap he was trashing and am having a garage sale tomorrow and saturday... little tykes toys, toy boxes, tricycles, mattress and box springs that are PERFECT, lawn mowers and weedeaters that work fine... bread machines, book shelves that he built and was just tired of... just amazing stuff... i am gonna make a fortune... i could use it too!

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
i wanna grow something i can eat. my mom has already donated her green thumb until we get everything looking good around there. i cant wait.
my friend rachel has a garden that is cool as sheeot... it has tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, zucchini, all kinds of stuff... and then she has another garden that is just herbs... and she has a ton of stuff in there... she will prolly be more than happy to give any pointers if you need them... i can hook u up with her addy when u are ready...

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
i veto this conversation before tn gets back on the computer. dont give him any ideas.:p
ha ha... cooter talked about brewing his own beer down in our storm cellar and then go the idea of breathing treatment medication too and i VETOED immediately... i have kids and have no desire to do time and have homeless and parentless children... he completely agreed and never mentioned it again... the beer brewery sounded like a plan to me though!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by TULSATUMBLERSGF
ha ha... cooter talked about brewing his own beer down in our storm cellar and then go the idea of breathing treatment medication too and i VETOED immediately... i have kids and have no desire to do time and have homeless and parentless children... he completely agreed and never mentioned it again... the beer brewery sounded like a plan to me though!
...or a whiskey still. :devil: