Quantcast

Free meal for veterans on 11 Nov

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
"To show our support for the US Military, every Golden Corral restaurant...will be offering a Free Dinner Buffet...to any former or active member of the US Military...just identify yourself to the cashier."

So all you have to do is say you were/are in the military? What could possibly go wrong?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Pretty cool, but Golden Corral is definitely a place you go to eat quantity, not quality. The food is edible, but very generic other than a few items. They have an all you can eat steak night, but I have never bee to it. Actually, I have only been there2 times ever, and that was on vacation in Williamsburg. The breakfast is better, lots of bacon and sausage, and they have someone that does cook to order omlettes. :drool:

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I'm former military.

I love free food...

Anything's better than stinky ol MRE's, right?

:D

I prolly won't do it, but passed it on to others.

and... btw, when i first read the title, I thought it said

Free Meal for Vegetarians

I was like, HOT DAYUM!!! I'm a vegetarian!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
MudGrrl said:
and... btw, when i first read the title, I thought it said

Free Meal for Vegetarians

I was like, HOT DAYUM!!! I'm a vegetarian!
i thought so too. golden corral has tubs of mac n cheese. i imagine they managed to find some way to slip meat into that though.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
laura said:
i thought so too. golden corral has tubs of mac n cheese. i imagine they managed to find some way to slip meat into that though.
what about stock? would you eat, say, rice made w/ chicken stock? just curious as to where people draw their boundaries. i know a primarily vegitarian woman who also eats fish regularly but passed on a rice dish made w/ chicken stock.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
narlus said:
what about stock? would you eat, say, rice made w/ chicken stock? just curious as to where people draw their boundaries. i know a primarily vegitarian woman who also eats fish regularly but passed on a rice dish made w/ chicken stock.
Fish, chicken, lobster, duck, clams, octopus, whales, ostriches, ...

are not vegetables.

:nope:

The stock problem is ... a problem.

I think it would be silly to try to convince myself that I haven't had any animal within the last 4 years, but at the same time, I think about what I am ordering and where I am ordering it.

If I am at a steak house (with friends) and there's baked potato soup on the menu, I'm gonna bet that there's some kind of bacon in it....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
narlus said:
well, i would eat a steak, but that's because i'm not a vegetarian. when i was, i wouldn't eat stock. i wouldn't eat gelatin. i wouldn't eat anything that was produced by or from animal carcass. then we bought a smoker, and the rest is history.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MudGrrl said:
Fish, chicken, lobster, duck, clams, octopus, whales, ostriches, ...

are not vegetables.

:nope:

The stock problem is ... a problem.

I think it would be silly to try to convince myself that I haven't had any animal within the last 4 years, but at the same time, I think about what I am ordering and where I am ordering it.

If I am at a steak house (with friends) and there's baked potato soup on the menu, I'm gonna bet that there's some kind of bacon in it....
wait...are you telling me a whale is not a vegetable?

i thought it was a type of banana.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
family show? BEER and food forum? if a whale's penis is going to corrupt the children (and please...let's think of the children), then we should probably get rid of the pot thread first, eh?

i thought it was funny. :nuts:

plus there's about 7 people who regular post here.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
family show? BEER and food forum? if a whale's penis is going to corrupt the children (and please...let's think of the children), then we should probably get rid of the pot thread first, eh?

i thought it was funny. :nuts:

plus there's about 7 people who regular post here.
I see the Consumer Conditioning thread has removed your sense of humor. :think:

I, for one, think whale penii are pretty funny. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That's two food threads in a week that have turned from food to penis, both times it was narlus's fault.

:think:

Besides, that whale penis looks more like a huge beet.