Quantcast

Free Money!

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
whats going on?
Well Mr. Bush decided he would give everyone in the US some money to stimulate the economy. Just be glad you aren't in the US. Stay on your side of the pond if you are wise.

I have a list of parts I need to get for my bikes.
Hardtail:
Rhino Lite front rim
Rear derailleur (current one works but it is bent)
Shifters
Full squish:
LG-1 with taco
Saddle (current is too wide in the ass)
Avid Juicys maybe Code 5s (move current Mags to the hardtail)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I was happy with two. The wife wanted three. We settled on four.

Ha, 4 boys too! Rock on! Love the dirty feet as well. My daughter was learning what grass was yesterday. She would stick just her pointer finger down to gently touch it. As soon as her finger would get down to the dirty she would pull it back quickly. It was funny to watch. Imagine discovering grass for the first time..... crazy stuff.

Our $ will be going to ensuring future lawsuits don't happen. The house we're buying has a falling down back porch. I mean FALLING down porch... I was hoping on the cold days this winter the snow load combined with the cold temp would just rip the deck away from the house. Unfortunately it's still standing so I have to take it down and replace it.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Whatever. You wouldn't know if it was Brad or Brett unless you read the script.
:biggrin:

I don't think we're getting anything :(
Are you pulling down too much cash? Thats about the only way you don't get any (or being a dependant). If you make over 75k as an individual or 150k as a couple its on a sliding scale

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Ha, 4 boys too! Rock on! Love the dirty feet as well.
It's funny. The little guy in the front right is like Pigpen. You clean him up, then wham he is instantly dirty.

btw -- they were playing Super Sleuths hence the googles. The two bigger fellas had turned their shirts inside out and drawn big question marks with a sharpie on them.:monkeydance:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's funny. The little guy in the front right is like Pigpen. You clean him up, then wham he is instantly dirty.

btw -- they were playing Super Sleuths hence the googles. The two bigger fellas had turned their shirts inside out and drawn big question marks with a sharpie on them.:monkeydance:

I'm not up on the new cartoons and tv shows so I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Thanks for the image!!

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
this was the timetable before the announcement that DD payments were starting today ??

Direct deposit payment
If last 2 digits of your SS# are: Your rebate should be sent by:
00-20 May 2
21-75 May 9
76-99 May 16

Paper check
If last 2 digits of your SS# are: Your rebate should be sent by:
00-09 May 16
10-18 May 23
19-25 May 30
26-38 June 6
39-51 June 13
52-63 June 20
64-75 June 27
76-87 July 4
88-99 July 11

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/25/news/economy/rebate_update/?postversion=2008042514

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
There's actually a bit of a debate whether he says Brad or Brett, a slip-up in the movie. Go listen to it, or better yet go watch the movie - that ought to get you out of here for a couple hours.
I always thought he said Brett in the movie, thats why I was confused.

39-51 June 13
Suck, I was hoping to get mine in May :(

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Guess I missed that. The above article is dated today.

Well crap -- 8 minute makes a huge difference...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Those long-promised tax rebates are now on their way to U.S. taxpayers.

People who chose to have their rebates directly deposited into their bank accounts will see the money there beginning Monday. The government's paper checks will start going out on May 9, a week earlier than previously announced.

The extra cash is part of the economic stimulus package intended to help Americans cope with rising gasoline and food prices, as well as aid a slumping economy. The Internal Revenue Service says all checks for those who filed tax returns on time are scheduled to be deposited or mailed by July 11.

President Bush announced last week that the rebates would go out a bit earlier than expected.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
im guess that the early time table of direct deposit will still be based on SS number just like the earlier schedule. since im in the second group, i'll look for mine on Friday May 2nd.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Girlfriend is buying us tickets to NY to visit her family in July sometime. Not sure what I'll do with mine. Perhaps pay off the Home Depot credit card after buying our veranda lumber/materials and backyard fence.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
F that, it's already gone. I'm not paying interest more than I have to.