Quantcast

Free ride hardtail for VA area ?

homegrown

Chimp
Jan 29, 2003
Richmond, VA
I want to hit some of the free ride trails in the VA area (i.e. Snowshoe, Wintergreen, The Shed, etc). I'm thinking about getting a burly hardtail. I've been looking at the Chameleon, Morphine, & the Iron Horse Yakuza Waka Gashira. Any suggestions ?

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i know its spamming. but i have a morphine for sale. i'm looking to get 250 for it. its in good condition (just paint scrapes. no dents). also to answer your question i did rode the frame at snowshoe the shed and i also did urban on the frame.

good luck in deciding

Gunther

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
I know of used small Turner DHR/super T for sale it was a demo.
I also have a like new medium chameleon, duke blue. 2bone$.
If your a tall guy and want Rich Housemans old tomac 6 shooter
Pm me.
I'm in Alexandria.

homegrown

Chimp
Jan 29, 2003
Richmond, VA
Matt D said:
So you don't want a hardtail b/c it's cheaper right? Because you can find a very nice used full sus DH bike for $2k.
I haven't been able to find a used full sus I like for $2k or less. So, I was thinking about just buying a new hardtail instead.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
The Imperial has ruled it at all the locations you speak of. So hot. Easy to build for $2k that's for sure.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the thing about Va is that there are alot of rocks. there is no way i would want ot take a DJ bike down the side of snowshoe. having a hardtail makes the bike more versitile, but you would still put a 6" fork on the front to make places like snowshoe more fun.