Quantcast

free screen capture programs?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
anyone know of any?or does my microsoft xp pro have one built in? Looking for something that lets me capture everything on the screen and save that. Not like a print sreen function.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
biggins said:
anyone know of any?or does my microsoft xp pro have one built in? Looking for something that lets me capture everything on the screen and save that. Not like a print sreen function.
...how is that different from a print screen function?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well i am not trying to print the screen. wow never mind. that works. can ya tell i dont know a lot about these things?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
narlus said:
looks like a neat program. how did you get the trial version to work past the 30 day mark?
It really is a good program.

It just kept working. It gave you a popup box that told you the free trial had run out and it attached a little block to the captures. Neither of which I really cared about. I eventually paid for it 'cause I felt a little guilty.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
biggins said:
well i am not trying to print the screen. wow never mind. that works. can ya tell i dont know a lot about these things?
:thumb:

There are a million free programs (just go to any popular site like "download.com" and type in "screen capture") but the print screen key is still the easiest & fastest...

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
biggins said:
i didnt think you could do it that wya and save as .jpeg
Here's one for you guys. It's called irFan Viewer and you can pull it from Download.com. I think it's some grad student's final project that just keeps getting updated. Anyway, I use it to clean up digi-cam pics w/ sharpness, and gama corrections.
Use print screen button, fire up this proggie, then ctrl+v. Then, you can save it as either .jpg, .bmp, or whatever else (I only use those two).

This should take you there:
http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
IrfanView is probably the best free image viewer in existance. Everyone should have it - and while you're at it, send the guy ten bucks so he keeps developing it.