Quantcast

free software to watch dvds??

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
hi again.
can anybody recommend a free software to watch movies. something simple and clean.

i´ve been watching movies with the media player classic, but i havent have a good experience.
it has too many options am too lazy to figure out, and each time i pop a dvd i gotta toy with the screen size since 16:9 look stretched, and 4:3 dont always look right, and the volume is very low.... ands its too cumbersome....

if you guys can recommend something nice and simple and free. thatd be great. ideas???

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
I use WMP 10 w/ the nVidia soft decoder plug-in. I used to use the Real Magic Hollywood card (hardware decoder). It output via VGA and digital coax. Really good setup, but needed some cryptic wiring for audio output internally.
Something slightly off topic, I use a SCSI DVD-Rom reader (Pioneer 301S) for playback, but burn w/ a NEC 3450A ATA drive. I'm looking fwd to the Mitsumo Bel-Ray/HD-DVD drive. But currently, the WMV-HD format works really well and/but there's are a lot of IMAX movies done in that format in 1080P.