Quantcast

Free webspace?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody know where to get some? I mean if Google can give you one gig free e-mail space there has to be some free webspace out there.

I just like to upload pics and some small files for work and school. Nothing huge so I don't need a lot but the place I use won't let me upload stuff anymore even though I have a ton of room left.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Anybody know where to get some? I mean if Google can give you one gig free e-mail space there has to be some free webspace out there.

I just like to upload pics and some small files for work and school. Nothing huge so I don't need a lot but the place I use won't let me upload stuff anymore even though I have a ton of room left.
There are a bunch of them out there, but most use banners or pop-ups for advertising. If you don't care about such things, google "free web hosting" or something similar. If you want free space and no advertising, there are some out there, but I don't have any experience with them. How much space do you need?

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
stosh said:
Nothing huge so I don't need a lot but the place I use won't let me upload stuff anymore even though I have a ton of room left.
If you don't want to make your own actual web pages, just grab a yahoo account. Lots of free space for Photos and files that can be viewed/downloaded by the public.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Do you have your own domain name? If so, go to http://www.doteasy.com and check out their deals. They have a free webhosting option, but its limited to 20mb of space. Not much for hosting images. They also have a $7.95/month option that gives you 1000mb of space. I've used these guys for years, and rarely have any down time.

That O-F places looks promising also...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Do you have your own domain name? If so, go to http://www.doteasy.com and check out their deals. They have a free webhosting option, but its limited to 20mb of space. Not much for hosting images. They also have a $7.95/month option that gives you 1000mb of space. I've used these guys for years, and rarely have any down time.

That O-F places looks promising also...
yeah they gave me 100mb free. I don't know how to make webpages or anything so it's just for images.

Thanks for the advice anyway.