Quantcast

Freecaster Maribor World Cup Feedback

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
The feed was a little crap for me and shut down for the top 5 men completely, but i wasnt that bothered, i just watched the runs later. Ill happily pay the fee again, especially if it means continued live coverage.. after all, who wants to take a step backward and have to watch the footage later on or have to keep reloading a thread to see the results coming in?

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Worked like a charm for me, might have had one autorefresh during the whole thing. As has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread I found Martins commentary to be very competent. I think my fave commentator combo is Tim March and Rob Warner, and if not Tim then someone else with a bit of 'professionalism' (for lack of a better word). It's a bit annoying when the commentators just skip over the people that they don't know personally, or just make random small talk with someone who's entered the booth, it makes the commentary skewed, and probably also means that some sponsors or teams are getting more exposure than others, which I think is a bit of a shame.

But the bottom line is that freecaster is providing pretty good coverage at a very reasonable price. Keep up the good work.

Kingswood

Chimp
Feb 27, 2005
Although I no longer work for freecaster, i am close friends with the owner who posts on ridemonkey once and awhile.

He has asked me to start a thread here to collect feedback (both positive and negative) about this weekends first paid event with the new player.

Please be constructive, whether it is good or bad.

Just know that the Live feed for the World Cup is hanging by a very, VERY thin thread at the moment.

So....... how are we going, whats the "feeling" in the Freecaster camp?

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
Thank you freecaster, keep it up!

I would like to hear some info about the "no buddies" who just make the cut. Most of these "no buddies" are local rippers to someone. I keep hearing another fast frenchy....a bit more info than that would be nice.

I love you Freecaster! If I were a dog and you were a person....you get the point. ;)

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Transcend, can you edit your original post to summarize the sentiments of every single poster on this thread please:

1. We understand freecaster is imperfect, but it is a REALLY great thing for all of us to have.

2. We will pay whatever it takes to keep live coverage of World Cups!!!!!!!

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
eh. even though i'm two days late I just donated my 2 bucks to free caster to view the feed. I think it's an awesome thing to have available. I would still pay more to see it though. I don't think it has been brought out in the thread but what about a sort of season pass deal. like pay a certain amount and you can use your code to get access to all the world cup races. even if it was more than 2 bucks a race I would still get it. it's basicly just you have to get 2 less double cheeeeezbergers from macdonalds or whatever you go to.

Pashley 24Mhz

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Belgium, Europe
I had no problems at all watching it live. Just had some problems to get my code, but that wasn't really an issue. It only stopped once for about 5 secs when the top 10 started, but other then that, I had the most perfect stream evah!

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
without reading every post I can say its awesome to have the live coverage. But I had a feed issue. Freecaster would freeze up every 10 seconds for at least 5 seconds. Is there something I can do on my end to prevent this or has other people experienced this too? The picture and sound quality are great, its just it would freeze every 10 seconds. But overall its cool to see this happening and the pay process wasnt a hassle at all. But whats up with the freeze?