Quantcast

freecaster MSA worlds coverage pre-order

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
You asked for moar cameras, you got it. $6.14 for the world champs isn't bad, I look at it as supporting the sport. The rest of the races are free too.

Freecaster.tv today launches LIVE access codes for the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships in Canada. The World Championships are the biggest event on the MTB calendar, where riders compete for the coveted Rainbow Stripes Jersey and all the fame, fortune and prestige it brings.

The legendary Mont Sainte Anne venue will be hosting the very best in Downhill, 4X and Olympic Cross Country action from Friday 3rd September through until Sunday 5th September 2010. 20 TV cameras will be used for the XCO World Championships, a production level over three times greater than currently seen at a World Cup.

Downhill will benefit from 14 cameras, covering almost the entire course for the first time. Meanwhile 4X will have 11 camera positions to catch every angle from start to finish. The World Championships remain the one pay-per-view event on the UCI MTB calendar this year.

Viewers will be rewarded not only through higher quality TV production, but also through purchasing access codes in advance, according to the following pricing structure:

• 4.99 EUR until 30th June

• 9.99 EUR 1st July to 31st August

• 14.99 EUR from 1st September

Each code grants access to all races. The event will only be LIVE streamed and replayed exclusively on Freecaster, so don't wait for prices to rise... book your front row seat with us early! Please note that viewers in the host nation, Canada, will be able to watch free-of-charge.

Start times for the World Championships are as follows (please note that EDT is local time in Mont Sainte Anne).

• 4X - 21:00 EDT (03:00 CET) Friday 3rd September

• XCO - 11:00 EDT (17:00 CET) Saturday 4th September

• DHI - 13:00 EDT (19:00 CET) Sunday 5th September

Freecaster.tv continues to offer the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup free of charge courtesy of IMTTO members and our advertising partners. MTB race fans have the opportunity to show their support for this coverage by joining us for the World Championships. To ensure full compatibility with the streaming technology, viewers are invited to test the performance of the LIVE stream in advance by tuning into one of our World Cup broadcasts here
Please note that viewers in the host nation, Canada, will be able to watch free-of-charge.
PS I blame Canada :)

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Gotta know, will there be replays available? I'm going to go to MSA, so live coverage won't do much for me.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Gotta know, will there be replays available? I'm going to go to MSA, so live coverage won't do much for me.
according to freecaster yes, and unlimited viewing of said replay with your code once purchased.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Hell yeah! 14 cameras is awesome.

We are going to have 10-12 in Champery and the resort is paying for the extra cameras. I can't wait to see the coverage with so many cameras.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Tits! Great work Freecaster, so cool that you guys have listened to what people have asked for AND managed to deliver it super cheap!

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Hell yeah! 14 cameras is awesome.

We are going to have 10-12 in Champery and the resort is paying for the extra cameras. I can't wait to see the coverage with so many cameras.
will the UCI be able to take advantage of these additional cameras with their feed? if i recall correctly, the UCI handles the feed(s) and freecaster just has exclusive rights to relay it, is that correct?

edit: i'm referring to the champery feed, not worlds.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
14 cameras, full coverage? Doesn't get much better than that! Nice work!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
will the UCI be able to take advantage of these additional cameras with their feed? if i recall correctly, the UCI handles the feed(s) and freecaster just has exclusive rights to relay it, is that correct?

edit: i'm referring to the champery feed, not worlds.

Yeah, it is additional UCI cameras.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
Bit of a dig, but will the bandwidth be adequate? Will they change the Aus Proxy? On an cable connection now that rapes videos and freecaster is always stopping. Don't mind the $10, but only if the feed is as good as Youtube.