Quantcast

Freedom hangover...

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
FTS. After 5 days in the nice, cool mountains, being back in heat and humidity bites. Riding was $ however…

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I've got something dead in my apartment, tons of green flys all over like I've never seen. Leaving that problem to work out on it's own while I'm racing. Off to two shops, one stem, one set of tires. Some work that'll happen on that trip. Then it's making a box for the bike and carry on.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I've got something dead in my apartment, tons of green flys all over like I've never seen. Leaving that problem to work out on it's own while I'm racing. Off to two shops, one stem, one set of tires. Some work that'll happen on that trip. Then it's making a box for the bike and carry on.
Did you have @Westy over?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
We're banned from watering lawns until the drought lets up, but our incentives to replace the grass are a joke unfortunately. You have to have a landscape architect draw up the new plans, submit for permits etc, so that expense alone wipes out the entire rebate for most homeowners. You also have to prove your grass is alive and well before starting the process, so mine with dead-spots doesn't even qualify for the whole amount.

Most people just say fuck it, keep watering and accept the fine if they get caught, and TBH I'm not sure I blame them. As long as Almond farming uses more water than all our cities combined, it's very hard to locate a single fuck one might otherwise give.

Been looking for somebody to put fake grass in the backyard so the dogs have a nice spot to poop, front will likely get some decomposed granite, cactus/succulents and some chairs for me to sit in and drink beers with the neighbors.
The watering restrictions can’t really make a dent in the water consumption. It seems like a literal drop in the bucket when you factor in industrial and agricultural use.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It causes me both physical and emotional pain to admit anything in Az is not terrible, but cactus and granite really are the way to go for a front yard. Lawns were great when we had plenty of Co based water to steal, but stupid Co is also having a drought, inconsiderate jerks.
But thankfully so far we're not on fire this year (yet). The monsoon rains have been fairly constant so far this year, so hopefully that will help a little on all counts.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The watering restrictions can’t really make a dent in the water consumption. It seems like a literal drop in the bucket when you factor in industrial and agricultural use.
The restrictions really never make any sense IMHO, people tend to quit paying attention when rules and regulations can't pass even the most basic logic check.

How do we go from "do whatever the fuck you want" to level 72 ultra mega drought restrictions overnight? Shouldn't there be some kind of middle ground there?

Farmers need to get over themselves, I like to eat as much as the next guy, but if I'm supposed to take hooker showers and only brush my bottom teeth to conserve water, shouldn't there at least be a requirement that they use reclaimed water, or not spray it directly into the street? Or maybe no more sod farms? They can use all the water they want to grow sod "because Ag." when technically nobody can actually install it, how does that make sense?

Also golf courses, don't event get me started on their bullshit.

But thankfully so far we're not on fire this year (yet). The monsoon rains have been fairly constant so far this year, so hopefully that will help a little on all counts.
Would you mind hurrying it up? I want to use my slip and slide.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, different ride, but still exhausting...but so worth it. Came down Chimney at Mach Nipple, for those of you who know the area. So fun. Mt. Lion tomorrow, leave the house at 6 o'clock or so, ugh.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
The restrictions really never make any sense IMHO, people tend to quit paying attention when rules and regulations can't pass even the most basic logic check.

How do we go from "do whatever the fuck you want" to level 72 ultra mega drought restrictions overnight? Shouldn't there be some kind of middle ground there?

Farmers need to get over themselves, I like to eat as much as the next guy, but if I'm supposed to take hooker showers and only brush my bottom teeth to conserve water, shouldn't there at least be a requirement that they use reclaimed water, or not spray it directly into the street? Or maybe no more sod farms? They can use all the water they want to grow sod "because Ag." when technically nobody can actually install it, how does that make sense?

Also golf courses, don't event get me started on their bullshit.

Would you mind hurrying it up? I want to use my slip and slide.
maxyedor,on the Golf Course thought.

Many years ago I heard the “stat” of how many Golf courses there are in the USA. 56 Thousand they said. I remember It was early in the morning as I was driving to work and Smokin a joint. I was livid way back then. Fucking Golf I said,what a waste of Land and Water. Stupid Ass Game,that’s right,Game. It ain’t no Sport,so Stop right there.

Now,I must be calm and proper with my thoughts. How come these Cunt’s get All this Fucking Land for a Stupid Fucking Game I ask myself? Money is the answer I say! From where I know not?

How much water are these Fucking land plots using I would Always ask myself? Nobody gives a Fuck?
These thoughts go back decades.

Now within the last Decade or less here in CA,they are on Purple(color of Pipe) or reclaimed water. As to how many,I have no Idea? I would like to know though. I used to work for a City in the Water Dept. Her in CA One will see many a Course off the Highway from N to S. I always look at the Pipes as I pass them on the road to see the color of the them? I have to say,almost All the pipes were purple. Again,I have no Idea as to all the rest of them?

Then there is the Land Issue. My Lord,the amount of Land that Could have had some Housing is absurd. They can do it now,just get rid of some Golf Courses. “We don’t have any Land they been saying for Years”. Bullshit!

Of course now we have the Drought,so I don’t know? I just thought I tell you about the water Brother,don’t know if that makes you feel any better?

Avy