Quantcast

Freekin snow!!!!!!!

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
just as I plana ride for today it starts to snow, real nice! :mad: I havent gone riding for 3 freekin months this is killing me!!! last month I planned a trip to ray's becase there is no snow indoors, but no we have to get a blizzard so we can't make the 5 hour drive :mad: all I have to say is it better not rain all spring.

this is me trying to plan a bike trip :nuts:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
not quite that bad here, but seems like it lately. trails juuuuuuuust getting to the dry tacky stage, and then more snow. snow melts a little bit. repeat process.

early morning and night rides, when things are still frozen up are th way to go!

hope you get some clear riding soon.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
firetoole said:
I tried to go out the other day in the morning and halfway through the ride it started sleeting. it was not fun
eh, that's not any fun unless you know ahead of time its going to do that. and plan to ride anyhow.

i've had some great rides in the rain/snow, but i'd far rather have it be dry and warm!

heh. it's a balmy 34 degrees right now for me. by the time i start riding home from work in two hours, it might even be above 40. beats the single digit temp ride home a few weeks ago!

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
I was about to say ditto, and then I noticed you're from the lakeshore- I live in Holland and have been pissed off every time I look outside for the last week. ALL I WANT IN LIFE IS TO RIDE YANKEE SPRINGS IN SHORTS FOR THE LOVE O' JEEBUZ. I really don't want to spend another winter in MI, ever.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jon cross said:
I was about to say ditto, and then I noticed you're from the lakeshore- I live in Holland and have been pissed off every time I look outside for the last week. ALL I WANT IN LIFE IS TO RIDE YANKEE SPRINGS IN SHORTS FOR THE LOVE O' JEEBUZ. I really don't want to spend another winter in MI, ever.
Hehehehe. Yankee Springs. First place I ever went on a "real" mountain bike ride........ :thumb:

Glad I escaped.

-S.S.-

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Where are you at on lake michigan? I haven't ridden for around 5 months now, except for the one time I went out and almost killed myself. No snow jumps this winter or anything either...its bad :(

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
I'm in Holland- south of Grand Rapids in SW MI. This winter has been nothing but ****ty- too warm and wet to enjoy what little snow we do have, way too cold and wet or cold and icy to get any good riding in- especially anything off road. To top it off, they didn't have any of those snow DS races at Brighton- only one up north somewhere. Last year they did like 4 of those damn things. Grrr... like I said, I've had enough of MI to last me for a long time. It's funny though, coming home from NC I still like the riding here. It's fast and flowy, where Pisgah is super rocky and has a lot of gnarly technical stuff.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
jon cross said:
I'm in Holland- south of Grand Rapids in SW MI. This winter has been nothing but ****ty
I am also from Holland and hopefully this will be my last Michigan winter.
I cant stand when it melt's then snows, then it melts, then it snows, then it rains and then it snows again it's ridiculous.
I also love the single digit ride home from work that is always fun.