Quantcast

freeride bike for about 1500

Jan 18, 2005
Tiverton, RI
any suggestions will help a lot. im 5'11 205 pounds and would rather buy new ill be freeriding and want something that will pedal well enough to go on an ocassional trail ride.

Thanks
PJ

Jan 18, 2005
Tiverton, RI
kona is really nice but their almost 2 grand and i dont know of anywhere to get them. i can get an 04 big hit comp for 1700 and i was looking at the 05 bighit spec for 1100. any good?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
spec is no good single pivot no good for rider of your size.kona has a wannabee dw link so i say no way and you can get a 7 point for under 2 very easily :thumb:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
frznnomad said:
spec is no good single pivot no good for rider of your size.kona has a wannabee dw link so i say no way and you can get a 7 point for under 2 very easily :thumb:

Get your brain off the ice, kona doesn't have a wannabe dw link, you're thinking Giant.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
ShdowConspiracy said:
kona is really nice but their almost 2 grand and i dont know of anywhere to get them. i can get an 04 big hit comp for 1700 and i was looking at the 05 bighit spec for 1100. any good?
The Spec sucks, it's heavy and generally a bad frame. The Bighit is a good bike though, a good pedaler, but it might be a little heavy for your needs. It's hard to take on trail rides.

The Iron Horse 7point3 might be in your range, or the Haro Extreme (which was mentioned above). And the Kona Coiler might be a better idea than the Stinky because it's lighter and more geared for trails.

Jan 18, 2005
Tiverton, RI
fiddy_ryder said:
not if you know where to shop and find the online coupons.. you could probably score one for $1400.. Ive seen a few used ones for good prices
where would i find that stuff because i would love one of them but couldnt afford it normally

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
oh yah the ih yakuza line too.. supergo has the 7.3 for 1599 right now.. im perty sure you can find a coupon on that too.

there you go.. 2k bike for 100 over what you wanted to pay :thumb:

Jan 18, 2005
Tiverton, RI
fiddy_ryder said:
im looking at their sale catalog i just got in the mail says $1599.. give em a call. good through the 19th
awesome i need to try and get the money by then though i have to sell stuff and whatnot. would it be through the mailorder or would i have to og to the shop?

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
ShdowConspiracy said:
awesome i need to try and get the money by then though i have to sell stuff and whatnot. would it be through the mailorder or would i have to og to the shop?
couldnt tellyou bro.. it says all 05's on sale, no restrictions

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
You may want to look at the Giant Faith series, the faith 3 in particular(its the least expensive). The suspension very is similar to the DW-Link 7point series. They pedal extreemly well for an 8in bike and have single crown forks for better turning radius. Super fun bike all around, and decent weight wise.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
Call the www.dropnzone.com, Allen can help you build a bike using quality used and new parts. He set up a dirt bag for about $1500 before using used parts. Tell him what you want and how much you can spend.