Quantcast

Freeride category at N.W. race

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
I wanted everyone to hear about the Freeride category added this year to the annual Whidbey Mudder on Whidbey Island on May 26. I'm working with One Speed Productions to have a Freeride category at this years' race. You'll get to race your Freeride or Downhill bike on the XC course, and we'll throw in a bunch of stunts, ramps, jumps, and drops just for you guys!! Standout areas include a downhill section with two huge tabletop dirt jumps (approx. 6-8 feet high), some built ladder-to-wheelie drop sections, wood ramps and a good log ride. There is some climbing on the course, three main hills, with the rest being traverse and downhill. Lots of tight and technical single track, plus plenty of wide open areas on the hills for passing. I'd recommend a 32 to 38 tooth chain ring for the Freeride and Downhill bikes.

There will be two categories: Race "A" which is a 130mm or under travel category, including Freeride hard tails, and short travel dually's. Then we'll have Race "B", an over 130mm (the bigger the better!) category for long travel dually's only. Race "A" hardtails must have a minimum of 100mm of fork travel. All bikes MUST have a single front chain ring (any size), and run 2.2 or larger tires. These classes should include most riders, and even out the field a bit. Hard core's will ride full-face helmets and pads!! Let's show those skinny little weight weenies how to ride!!!

Please e-mail Rob at One Speed Productions website for race if you're interested. The more riders that respond means we'll put more work into building fun stuff on the course!!! This race is also an XC event, so bring your lycra wearing buddies too!

More info at One Speed's website: Http://onespeed.tripod.com/races/mudder02.html

E-Mail Rob at OneSpeed@whidbey.com for race event and venue questions
Or
E-mail Josh at peetri@whidbey.net for course questions, and Freerider input!