Quantcast

Freeride Locations?

Mar 22, 2009
Sadly, I'm going to be living in Long Island this summer (namely Montauk, the eastern tip) Instead of Snowshoe Mtn. Is Diablo the closest freeride park, or are there any other places to freeride?

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Haha, oh man. Welcome to FLAT. I grew up out there. LI is basically the flattest part of the Northeast.

Diablo's in Jersey right? So from Montawk you're talking about a 3 to 4 hour drive to get there.

On the other hand, there are some great road rides and some decent XC stuff out there. You might need to change your game up a little this summer. Great place to spend a summer though, regardless.

EGGS

Chimp
May 29, 2008
NYC
Sadly, I'm going to be living in Long Island this summer (namely Montauk, the eastern tip) Instead of Snowshoe Mtn. Is Diablo the closest freeride park, or are there any other places to freeride?
lift mountains ? then yes its the closest

other than that i heard of good trail riding on the islnad

Welcome to LI.

Now the bad news the only legal FR that is lift assisted is DIablo or take the ferry over and hit up Jiminey.

Now on LI we have AWESOME XC riding. hit up www.climbonline.org for all the trail info.

In QUeens, there is Cunningham PArk(CHP) which offers MINIMAL FR stuff. some log rides, some jumps, pump track, loads of roll overs. We are going to start construction of an FR play area there this summer.

The really bad news is to gain any legal FR stuff you're looking at 2- 3 hour drive from MTK at a minimum. Sorry. Good news is we have 100's of miles of excellent XC.

THere are a few illegal FR type areas on LI( none within an hour of you I believe). Ask around..............you should be able to find something. HOWEVER..........CLIMB has a firm stand on illegal trail riding so tread lightly with the off the radar stuff on the forum there.

Hope you find some sweet XC riding and enjoy your time on LI.......it's a very beautiful place to live.