Quantcast

Freeride Park - Denver

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
1500'X400'... does anyone really want to pay to make quarter mile runs? I guess if theres multiple lines and alot of work put into the stunts it could be ok. Throw in some sick dirt juimps and it might be worth it.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
TheInedibleHulk said:
1500'X400'... does anyone really want to pay to make quarter mile runs? I guess if theres multiple lines and alot of work put into the stunts it could be ok. Throw in some sick dirt juimps and it might be worth it.
there will be multiple lines, mad stunts and the biggest dirt jump park in colorado. im starting the build sessions on oct. 2-3 and continuing every weekend until april. we will open april 1, 2005 with shuttle capabilities. more info will come soon on the build/ride sessions. its a 15 acre site near idaho springs. its going to be free until a world class trail/jump network is finished and the shuttle is ready so take advantage this fall/winter/spring and come check it out. email me and i will get you info as soon as its released.

mark caminiti
dreamforest mtb
720-635-7429
dream4est@msn.com

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
dream4est said:
......the biggest dirt jump park in colorado......

For some reason or another I think that arbor is dang close to this size, so unless you've got a few years to build, I dunno bout rivaling it!

Speaking of arbor - dig days are starting up soon - more details to come!

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
well i meant size of jumps and number of consecutive jumps. arbor may always have more total jumps though (like at least 40 last time i was there). im planning on at least 15 consecutive big rhythms that are at least 20' doubles with 8' wells. it will be a multi line set like the one i built at gunbarrel so it should be fun for all. but the park is gonna be much more than dirt jumps. i have totally sick ravines, two huge gold mines, roads for mad road gaps, natural rock drops from 5-20 feet, etc. i have shuttle roads and total privacy as well as ownership of the property, so the park will last for many years. and arbor is on flat ground, while my jumps will have gravity flow.

im not really trying to compete with any metro area dirt jumps. the main focus will be north shore style trails. however since dirt jumping rules i will try to build the longest set ever seen. plus this time i have no restrictions on what i can build, so the sky is the limit. im hoping that people who like to build show up this fall, as they will be allowed personal creativity and input on the feel of the trails. arbor builders are invited to attend whenever they can, as well as sunset jumps and the v jumps and the fix jumps in boulder. pros and shmoes welcome. just bring beer and shovels.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I don't think he was knocking Arbor - just saying he's hoping to create something nice - surely I can't be the only one stoked about this - this is LONG overdue here.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
s1ngletrack said:
I don't think he was knocking Arbor - just saying he's hoping to create something nice - surely I can't be the only one stoked about this - this is LONG overdue here.
not knocking arbor i love that place. since im going to be living in idaho springs i am going to jump at arbor a lot. and the good news is that i am trying to plan this business to make mountain biking the priority of the property but not in terms of income. basically what that means is that i will be leasing space on the property in an effort to offer free mountain biking (and not having to charge for say a shuttle in the future). my business plan for this venture is long term and designed to make the property income rich without charging mtbers, or not charging them much at all if i have to. i want a lot of arbor "feel" at my place, like those newer berms on the right side, but the real plan is to create north shore style stunts that showcase colorado trail builders' skill. if you have any ideas for unique stunts im down to help you build it. likewise i have dozens of ideas for stunts and trails i have been waiting for 18 months to build.

i know some of you remember my last bike park venture. this will be completely different. i had to answer to three wealthy private landowners who were the perfect example of the term "nimby". i had no ability to earn income off the property without approval. and i could not build huge stunts without problems. and i could not offer camping or have decent group gatherings. now those problems are a moot point. those who come help will be rewarded. that is a promise. im not saying exactly what that means, but you can be sure it will be favorable to the volunteers not my bank account.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
I sure hope the terrain doesn't sit on stuff like most of the mountains around Idaho Springs does. Because if you put trails on most of those mountains, they will be extremely steep and won't be able to put real dirt jumps up in there. They will end up being real short skidfest DH trails.

What road is your property up? PM me if you want to. Just trying to get an estimate of where this place is.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
DHblur said:
I sure hope the terrain doesn't sit on stuff like most of the mountains around Idaho Springs does. Because if you put trails on most of those mountains, they will be extremely steep and won't be able to put real dirt jumps up in there. They will end up being real short skidfest DH trails.

What road is your property up? PM me if you want to. Just trying to get an estimate of where this place is.
hey dhblur whats up? i have not seen you since i nearly died following you down the ssv early this summer (i was behind you going too fast watching you and not paying attention and wham! almost hit a rock the size of a tv set). the property is basically in dumont, right off exit 240. it does have some ridiculously steep parts, but most (80%) of the property is acceptable grades. good gullies and ravines and a road network. email me and i will get you the directions and dates when we build. there is a perfect spot at the bottom for dirt jumps and its over 500' long. and also the lower ravine is set up for a large drop to big jump over a van (30') to maybe more big jumps or hips or wallrides or ?. if you want to build some big crazy jumps the dirt is good and moist and ready. i need help in oct, nov and dec. if your not digging at arbor come check it out. same to you spomer.

dream4est@msn.com

ladge

Chimp
May 5, 2002
Arvada
TheInedibleHulk said:
1500'X400'... does anyone really want to pay to make quarter mile runs?
OMG. In a heartbeat. Considering DH is pretty much done after this weekend and won't be back until June 2005 in Colorado, having something a bit closer to the front range with a longer "useable" season is like a dream come true!

Not to mention maybe this will alleviate some of the trail use issues in the front range. People can shuttle something worth shuttling instead of flocking to Apex, WR, MF where they can become the target for closed minded jackbaits(mandatory rant stop)....

Just think, runs you can blast with no fear of throngs of uphill traffic. Saaaaawheeeeet! My truck and shovel are ready and available...

ladge

Chimp
May 5, 2002
Arvada
hev said:
I am envisioning skiing powder and hitting stunts in the same day this spring :thumb:
:drool: :drool: ....ahhh....dual sport days.... :drool: :drool:

...perhaps one of the most underated reasons to live in Colorado...

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
hey monkies we are building this weekend. meet at 11am right off i-70's exit 238 at the stop sign by the overpass (2 miles west of idaho springs). call me if you have any questions. this will continue every weekend so hope to see you there. i have a generator so we will be building ns type stuff as well as dirt jumps this weekend.

mark
720-635-7429

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
ladge said:
:drool: :drool: ....ahhh....dual sport days.... :drool: :drool:

...perhaps one of the most underated reasons to live in Colorado...
We did just that this past saturday - snowboarding up at berthoud pass in the AM, and shuttling the dh in the afternoon . . . sick :cool:

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
I still cant believe I'm not skiing in 05...wow..this is going to be a true test of will power i guess...

everyday I think of a new reason to get a pass...dammit

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
You've got two days left Jeff before they go up. I put my check in the bank today and am buying the pass tomorrow. Still though, not skiing does do good things for riding. You're keeping your DH bike for the winter right?

But I still don't know if I would be up there yet!!! :confused: That snow may look good but I bet the core shots in those skis from what was under that snow wasn't very good looking.

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
how could you jeff? how :confused: :confused: :confused: seriously where are you going to play aussie extreme challenge? nowhere but mary jane. you sissy, i can't believe this, the only exciting way to ski and youre throwing it away.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
yeah, I know...but its no fun playing aussie challenge by yourself...or at least its real dangerous.

plus I realized one reason to ski...chicks.

Oh...the moto thing just IS NOT happening. Yeah, it sucks, but until I start pulling down some real money, I gotta have SOME way to go fast and scare myself...who wants to put money on Jeff breaking himself at seven springs?

My only problem last year was...as warren miller said in his last article..."if you're not scaring yourself everytime you go, you're doing something wrong"

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Have fun standing in line this year at tourist capital USA resorts, Jeff. Plus Vail resorts doesn't offer a teen pass for $170 bucks like Winter Park/Copper did. That rules!

Did you get a pass this year Dave?

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
no, im out with this bum hand then i get shoulder surgery around christmas, which would eliminate all of jan/feb, and then i gotta work and work out to get ready for the season. but my friend kevin has a copper/winter and a colorado and an eldora pass, so i probably can steal his pass once in a while.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
I just hope I get some big ole fat skis for Palavachini or however its spelled (steep steep stuff @ Abasin)

Plus I'll feel like a badass skiing brek bumps.