Quantcast

Freeride Scene in the Centreville Area (LOTS OF PICS!!)

pntballpunk51

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
clifton *CPT REPRESENT*
Well we've been working a little bit lately on the trails and here are some pics.

1. six pack at the powerlines (6-10 foot gaps) and on the right is the larger 2 pack

2. dirt jumps again

3. small road gap right next to each other, left is steeper that than the right one and its about an 8 foot gap.

4. fireroad leading to drops/northshore stunt area

5. new 5 foot drop

6. another view of the 5 footer

7. 7 foot gap jump after the 5 foot drop and leads into another jump that jumps across a 2.5 foot ladder drop

8. pic of the 2.5 foot drop

9. 3.5 foot high ladder to a drop at the end

10. landing of the 2.5 foot drop

11. 2.5 foot drop again, jump on right...

12. tree that you can ride on then drop off of (8 feet high towards the end)

13. 12 foot tall wallride (not very long but i can get to the top with my front wheel and thats fun)

14. super tech skinny to a 3 foot drop/ on the right is another ladder that leeds to a 3 foot drop

15. 4.5 foot high ladder to a 3 foot drop

16. take off of the two 3 foot drops

17. run up to the 5 foot drop

18. flat area on the 5 foot drop right before you drop off

19. landing of the 5 footer

20. the bigger set (just two doubles) and no those are not our bulldozers the cable company just parked them there

We also have another 4.5 drop to a hill, a 10 foot drop with an 8 foot gap which is just insane, a 4 foot rock drop, rock gardens, a singletrack style 4x course which is overgrown with grass right now (due to the rain) but is still rideable, a gnarly downhill section that we use to practice for races which is about 6 seconds long if you do it good but we use what we got, a 20 foot table top down by the creek :eek: , and this weekend we are working on a 12 foot ladder drop. :evil:

If you want to come ride with us or help us build stuff I'd be happy to P.M. you the directions if you p.m. me but the stuff is scattered over a radius of about a mile.

My friend and I are the only dedicated riders around and we would love to have some more regulars ride with us! Thanks for checking out the pics and there should be twice as much stuff by the end of ths summer.

:thumb:

btw heres the link to the slideshow if for some reason those links don't work but they don't have descriptions
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do?invite=OETr4rJn8mhtwaUUo8d0&shareName=MMS2&sharePage=slideShow

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
We're sorry, this page is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please go to pictures.sprintpcs.com in case you are using an old bookmark, which is no longer valid.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Hey I just moved out to the C-ville area and am looking for some new stuff to ride. that is if my bike is big enough, I'll have to catch up with you guys. Oh and get those links updated. I'm definately interested in seeing what you all are working with.

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
looking good man, as usual. :thumb: Ive also been building some stuff on the 7 acres of woods that i have in my backyard. You should stop by and come check it, its not as good as your stuff but it keeps me busy.

Spaceduck

Chimp
Jul 8, 2005
Centreville
Can you post some directions on how to get to this place, from say the Dulles Airport (just a point of reference). Best place to park and what not.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Spaceduck said:
Can you post some directions on how to get to this place, from say the Dulles Airport (just a point of reference). Best place to park and what not.

BAAAAAAAAAAAD idea. Do that through PMs

By the way, sweet spot!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
BigMike said:
BAAAAAAAAAAAD idea. Do that through PMs

By the way, sweet spot!
:stupid: As a matter of fact, you may want to remove these pics and any potential descriptions of this area from this forum. Though, I thank you as it's always cool to see what the locals are making and your stuff looks good. I might have to go visit Bussa and check out the 'local' scene. Don't worry, we'll bring a shovel and help you guys out a bit first. With your permission of course. :thumb:

vwmtnbiker

Monkey
May 15, 2004
manasscrack
went to the spot today, pretty cool, little rickety, kinda sketchy, LOTS of potential! theres spots that have yet to be tapped in this place that are the tits! hoping to hit it up wed. morn to scope some more and i'd love to hook up with some of the locals there to see what you guys think. pm me or post back

cheers!

p.s. i'd def. delete the pics now, theyve been up for a while so people have seen your work but its a good idea to keep stuff as hush as you can, especially stuff like this.