Quantcast

Freeridepark.com

Wrecker 151

Chimp
Mar 16, 2005
Rochester, NY
The Land Freeride Park has been in development for 3 years. Some of you may have heard about it through the grapevine but it's been kept low profile while in the early development stages. Although it's not open to the public and may never be, I feel it is a significant evolution for the sport of freeriding. There's nothing else like it east of the Rocky Mountains. The website and the photos should explain it all.

http://www.freeridepark.com

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
Its a cool concept, but it isn't public which sucks. I feel like that shouldn't appear to be and open thing from the website and then turn out to be an invite only kinda thing. I had high hopes that were crushed.

Wrecker 151

Chimp
Mar 16, 2005
Rochester, NY
Sorry it seems like a tease but the project started out very differently than it ended up. It was totally designed as a membership based park and everything moved in that direction. The abandonment of the membership based park concept happened in late 2007, and it was a reaction to external issues that came up suddenly. Honestly I'm still very upset that I had to change the concept after all these years. There's a solid 3 years of building virtually every weekend (an estimated 15,000 man hours of time). So much has happened in that time... there's no way I could possibly translate all that history on this forum... although I wish I could.

Sorry you can't ride there... I truly wish things were different... and maybe someday they will be. It is what it is now. If it changes I'll definitely post a notice on the website and get the word out.

The Land is the culmination of an incredible amount of money, time, and energy and I wanted to share that passion of effort with everyone. I needed to follow through and let people know about it so everyone could see some very cool freeriding stunts developing on the East Coast, and hope it inspires the creation of more places.

rmb_mike

Chimp
Sep 18, 2007
There's a big discussion about this site/place over on MTBR. The general consensus over there is that it is a bad ass setup. However, the owner or whoever put the website up, is a bit on the arrogant side for flaunting such a nice place, yet posting 'keep out' type warnings about not riding there.
It kinda puts out the message of 'hey, look at our cool ass freeride park, but too bad, you can't ride on it. Nana nana ha ha.'

That looks like so much fun! I wish we had something like that around here
Why do you SoCal guys have so many problems with trails and such out there? The SD area has plenty of nice, uninhabited hills around it that would make for great trails.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
why cant people ride i would spatter the blood of baby seals to ride those trails. or why cant diablo just build gangster ass stunts like that

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Why do you SoCal guys have so many problems with trails and such out there? The SD area has plenty of nice, uninhabited hills around it that would make for great trails.

I cant say for sure, but my thought are because people want to develop. San Diego is one of the richest cities in the nation to live in. That means more houses. Also, being a coastal city, its a big skate and surf scene, and the mountainbikers kind of get put on the backburner. And also, Id also say because of the tree huggers. Just the other day, a pump track we were working on got bulldozed. We didnt destroy any plants or vegitation, and we hid it away from where it would be obvious. And there was a sign posted saying something to the effect of "do not destry plants or soil". Can you destroy soil? Oh well, we're just gonna keep building it til they give up

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
the owner or whoever put the website up, is a bit on the arrogant side for flaunting such a nice place, yet posting 'keep out' type warnings about not riding there.
It kinda puts out the message of 'hey, look at our cool ass freeride park, but too bad, you can't ride on it. Nana nana ha ha.'
:stupid:

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
Oh hell yeah.

I can't wait to poach that shiz when I'm in new york this august.
Woo, you should either wear your deer-pelt jersey and attach some antlers to your helmet to avoid getting caught; or just show up w/ your camera and the Geriatric Stunt Brigage then post a video of your old geezers shredding that place.

In regard to the haters above and from MTBR, people need to lighten the hell up. This dude busted his ass and built a killer setup. So we can't all ride it -- deal with it. Kudos to the builder for sharing the stoke and trying to motivate us all. Well done.

Wrecker 151

Chimp
Mar 16, 2005
Rochester, NY
Dangerous E and other supporters.... thank you. I did modify the website recently to help those who interpreted the intended message wrong.

One more thing...
Poaching trails is one hell of a selfish act that severely damages this sport's evolution. I realize there are a very small percentage of riders that are that disrepectful but it negatively affects ALL freeriders. I would strongly advise anyone considering poaching The Land, or any other private trail system for that matter, to do some maturing first.

The only person banned from my property so far taught me some lessons on how to effectively stop poachers. You have to think about it... there's no way I'm going to build those level of stunts without some serious security measures to match. I guarantee poachers will not leave happy.