Quantcast

Freeriders evil, or not

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I just read an article in that subversive magazine,Dirtrag. It seems some knuckle dragging "freeriders" have worked with "Da Man" and got some cool expert level trails put in on pubic (deliberate sp error) lands.

What next, charity events???

So, is the new way; work with people, get permission, become...MAINSTREAM???

Okay, sarcasim aside, this is cool. After my Whistler trip, I'm just not going to be satisfied with Capitol Forest's pedestrian trail system. I'm currently involved with a group that is attemting to work with "Da Man", so do any of you Lynn Woods monkeys have any tips on how we out in Warshington can replicate your success?

Peace OUT!

rOb

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Originally posted by ummbikes
I just read an article in that subversive magazine,Dirtrag. It seems some knuckle dragging "freeriders" have worked with "Da Man" and got some cool expert level trails put in on pubic (deliberate sp error) lands.

Okay, sarcasim aside, this is cool. After my Whistler trip, I'm just not going to be satisfied with Capitol Forest's pedestrian trail system. I'm currently involved with a group that is attemting to work with "Da Man", so do any of you Lynn Woods monkeys have any tips on how we out in Warshington can replicate your success?

Peace OUT!

rOb
PM Damn True. He worked on a project that got a killer bandit trail legal in the Soquel Demo Forrest here in Santa Cruz

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
There's also a new trail in the making at Lynn Woods that's legit and which will supposedly be fun. :eek:

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
lucky lucky bastids. stuff like that would NEVER EVER work around here. people are waaaaaaaaay to uptight about liability and such. theres plenty of trails, but legal ones is different. its always a bit un-nerving to worry about where and how you come out of a trail. lucky the guy whos workshop it is seems to like riders and always stands outside and watches you finish the last part of the trail.

any tips for legalization?

G

gravity

must suck SO much to have such problems with trail legality over there...... there is a bit, but not much, of conflict between walkers and riders over here.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by allsk8sno
just a tip..
"warshington" you idiot!!
its washington
damn
it makes me want to kill myself..

:mad: :mad:
oh yeah and keep riding
AINT NEVER HEARD THE TERM "WARSHIN SQUARSH IN WARSHINGTON?" I do hope you were kidding about that..

Why not lighten up? Also suicide is no joke.......if you think it is why dont you just spare this forum and go post your comments on pinkbike or NSMB.

sheesh!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing

Peace OUT!

rOb
We need to go do rather than just talk. (i know im guilty!!)Daylight is getting shorter. Lets get with jon and go a pirating.......

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

Peace OUT!

rOb
PM either Couching Tiger, Private Joker, or Ridge Rider. i think all 3 were involved. or you can email phil keyes directly pk@nemba.org

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by olymudder

Why not lighten up? Also suicide is no joke.......if you think it is why dont you just spare this forum and go post your comments on pinkbike or NSMB.

sheesh!
Wow he hasn’t been back since he posted that. I hope he hasn’t done anything drastic :eek: :monkey:

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
ive been building illegal trails for a long time now and i just got involved the the local government and got all of our trails pardoned and now we have free reign to build what we want when we want and where we want its not all bad working with " The Man " can actually be beneficial at times.

oh and allsk8sno are you in pullman, wa.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
That one day mt. bikers will be able to build trails free of hostility and beaureucratic b.s. Maybe i'm just dreamin. There's alot of space out there but especially in King County hardly any biking space per population of bikers here. Maybe it comes down to how big the govt your dealing with, and the type of people who gripe within the community. But man i think how cool that would be if bikers could build trails on national forest land. oooooo that would be sweet. The first trail i would work on would run parallel to Middle Fork Snoqualmie which was closed to bikers from complaining hikers. I would love the parking lot full of vehicles with bike racks, and stupid yuppie flower sniffin hikers waitin in line for a parkin spot at the trailhead.