Quantcast

Freeriding in Centreville/Clifton

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
That's hot. I've been looking for more opportunities to throw myself off things in the DC area. I'll be back from school in mid may (hopefully) ready to rip some of that stuff up. My parents also have about 10 acres of mountain out past purcellville on Rt. 7 and I have been doing some preliminarly trail construction up there. I have yet to bank the turns or put in any good stunts, but I have the line of the trail cut more or less (the woods are dense). I'll hit you all up this summer.

pntballpunk51

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
clifton *CPT REPRESENT*
well technically some company that builds houses owns the land but they can't build where all are stuff is because the hills are so steep but there are spots where its flat to build some good stuff, we also go over to the powerlines and as long as they aren't in the way of the power company's trucks, they don't care. We made that mistake last time. We built jumps right where the trucks drove to access the powerlines and the gas lines. They were bulldozed about a year later but we are starting over with some good stuff across the road.

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
Thats some legit stuff. I live really close to the town of clifton and the school and some trails around there offer desent stuff but nothing exciting. Keep up the solid work PM me if need me to help on a build day.

pntballpunk51

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
clifton *CPT REPRESENT*
i'll be out there on monday, tuesday, and thursday this week and some more building on sunday. I'll pm you guys with directions for a spot to meet up at depending on when you want to build or ride or w/e. There really are no specific directions. I would have to show you around.

vwmtnbiker

Monkey
May 15, 2004
manasscrack
thats awesome...shoot me a pm when you get a chance. unfortunately we just saw the demise of our little spot here in manassas...glad to see theres somewhere people wont screw with your stuff

mtbingdude

Chimp
Jan 17, 2005
ya me and pntballpunk51 are usually the only ones out there, so it would be nice to have some company once in a while... specialy when we are building. there isnt much yet, mostly becuase its a new place that we started workin on, but its coming up pretty quick. the pic at the top of this thread is one of the best/biggest stunts, but we plan to make bigger and better ones as we go. we are currently trying to get a set of decent size dirtjumps built.