Quantcast

Freestyle Skiers?

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
dexterq20...i'm glad you said it before me...

skiier owned companies are cool, but if you're looking for the best ski technology, it's tough to compete with those that have the money for the best machines/factories etc.

4frnt I do however like....ptex sidewalls=very cool if pulled off like neversummer snowboards

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
neversummersnow said:
skiier owned companies are cool, but if you're looking for the best ski technology, it's tough to compete with those that have the money for the best machines/factories etc.
:stupid:

neversummersnow said:
4frnt I do however like....ptex sidewalls=very cool if pulled off like neversummer snowboards
However, their skis still have a notoriously soft flex pattern, and they also have a very limited dealer network. Personally, I'll stick with K2, Salomon, Rossi, and Dynastar. (Currently riding K2 Public Enemies, and I love 'em!)

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
dexterq20 said:
Yeah, I just love skis that have the edges intentionally rounded by the factory, rendering the ski completely useless outside of the park. :rolleyes:

oh yeah,i just LOOOOOOOVE skis that are made for ONE SPECIFIC REASON: riding in the park,or 'freestyle' skiing.

if it's such a big problem,then re-sharpen the edges and call it a day.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
seriously, if you wanna ski with the best new-school ski there is out there, use the Scratch FS; if you wanna combine park and back country, use the Scratch BC.
Liberty is a new company, they need more R&D before they can come out with a ski as good technologicaly than the Scratch.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Racer-X said:
oh yeah,i just LOOOOOOOVE skis that are made for ONE SPECIFIC REASON: riding in the park,or 'freestyle' skiing.

if it's such a big problem,then re-sharpen the edges and call it a day.

Yeah, you're right, get armada's...it'll help with all the trickery you're going to do. While clicked into them, you can also convince old ladies to give you money, levitate and all sorts of other freestyle TRICKERY...