Quantcast

Freight Train!

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
Holy krikey!!! I have never been. I guess you havent lived til you've been to Whistler. Is it just mayhem up there with all those people riding at once?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
dont go on a weekend and its all good..go on a weekend and...yeah.

weekend riding@whistler sucks IMO. mondays through wednesdays are the best...people take long weekends on thurs, fri, sat, sun..but for some reason mondays are always empty when i head up for a monday.

there are certain trails that are like the autobaun and others are like ghost towns...you learn quick what you like and where the crowds go.

i found that joyride, whistler dh, s&m, national course, and garbo are always empty...schleyer, dm, clownshoes, ripping rutt. and crack addict have a fair amount of traffic but are empty enough to be able to session/practice without getting your butt run over...

pangeist - we are planning a large group effort for the start of the season if you are interested...start == when garbo is open btw :)

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
they should have the lift prices posted in the near future, if not already posted..last year it was 40something for a day...just like skiing/boarding prices. i know this year is going up in price, but thats life.

getting up there costs gas. depends on how many are going in a vehicle...split the cost of gas and thats that :) we usually can fit 4-5 people in our little golf, 4 bikes on top, and one on the back..or some other combo...

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
there are going to be so many freakin' accidents/injuries on freight train it wont be funny...

ahhh well...people asked for an obscenely long aline..and they got it :D

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
you know it's funny, I've never really had any problems on a-line with overcrowding. In the event I do roll up on somebody I just give em a quick holler and scoot on by, the trail is so damn wide it never causes problems. Of couse maybe I'm just completely slow. A longer trail means people will be more spread out too.

day trips to whistler from Oly are fun :)

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
SR said:
you know it's funny, I've never really had any problems on a-line with overcrowding. In the event I do roll up on somebody I just give em a quick holler and scoot on by, the trail is so damn wide it never causes problems. Of couse maybe I'm just completely slow. A longer trail means people will be more spread out too.

day trips to whistler from Oly are fun :)
I've been once a few years back before I was into mountainbiking. We rented some kind of hardtail and had lots of fun. Now that I'm in love with mountain biking I plan on going a couple times this season. I'm always down for a carpool or a group effort (save on rent, get shown around etc)

Problem is my vehicle can only fit 2 bikes

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
we go three or four times a year. very cheap weekend! ihave a crew cab truck and tow a tent trailer. sleeps 6. we stay at an awsome rv park 1 mile from town that has showers, a bike shop, and a killer cafe for grubbin breakfast before riding. right on the river, very clean. takes 2 min. to get to the lifts. they also have tent spots and they take reservations. its about 35$ anight, but thats full hookups and we usually split it 3 or 4 ways. you can camp in parking lot c for free!! done that too, just no showers. rooms in the village run about 125$ and usually sleep 5-8 people. we are planning some trips soon, if yer in, let me know. we have no dates set yet,and more people take the sting out of travel costs.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Parking lot c for me!!!

OMIGOD freight train has to be the best
over 200 times in the air.
that's minutes of airtime
think of the possibilities.

swoosh pump swoosh pump swoooosh puump swooooooooosh puuuump Weeeeee!

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
sacrifice- if theres no hard feelings over my big, corporate hating mouth, you are more than welcome to join us. the crew is heading up june 1 weekend, i cant go cause its my wifes b-day but they have an x-tra seat in the suburban cause i cant go. they want to fill it so let me know. we are going to fromme this weekend also w/ room to go.