Quantcast

Freitag GMT

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
FTS. Boston commuter rail service in full meltdown mode, apparently 36F means slippery rail, mechanicals and signal issues trifecta. Mass is a 3rd world country... :(

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rode in the woods last night. Smashed my knee on a rock last night. That's what I get for choosing knickers over knee pads.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends! lol

2500 yard swim done before work. It took me an hour of clock time (46 minutes of actual swimming). I remember clearly when a 2500 yard swim meant 90 minutes at the pool.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hello, friends! lol

2500 yard swim done before work. It took me an hour of clock time (46 minutes of actual swimming). I remember clearly when a 2500 yard swim meant 90 minutes at the pool.
1250 yards this morning. It was so cold out this morning that the pool felt warm. It never feels warm. Roller ride planned last night didn't happen. The garage temp was 45*, which given I need to keep the door cracked for fresh air meant even colder.

Heater is out too, so ass cold was the best way to describe the house last nice. Space heaters. Space heaters everywhere.

40min run tonight. Wednesday's run was 5 miles @ 8:42 pace, which for me is great. We'll see what tonight holds.

Oh yeah, work.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
About 1/2" of ice on everything in my 'hood. I elected to not ride the bike in this morning, which was probably prudent. :D

Now I need to figure out if the Land Cruiser's body work will be done today, and if so will be done by noon (so I can jet over there via Uber or co-worker).

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Right on time, another installment of the hit RM network comedy "FT's Life is Better Than Your Vacation"... Ticked off two of the infamous Sedona H's (there are three total) yesterday: Hiline and Hogs. So, so good. Our full route took us on a meandering 15 miles of desert bliss complete with plenty of exposure, steep ledgey chutes, fast sandy singletrack, ridiculous scenery, and amazing slickrock riding.

Desert singletrack with a view:

Looking out over some damn shit from some damn spot on Hiline:

Ripping down the flowy part of Hiline from the high point:

CamelSak Selfie™:

Hiline is a spicy meatball:

As is Hog Heaven:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Bachelor weekend as the wife is father/daughter(s) bonding this weekend. More like a weekend with her sisters and her dad will be there. Air fryer shows up today, so let the crapfest begin. My phone is on its last legs and I am in no mood to shop for one at this point.

A lighter note, I scored a trainer last night, so I will get to try that out when we get back from "vacation". FTS Friday, yay.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yep, it's that time of year when the walk from the shower to the pool is the shittiest part of my day. "Cold...cold...cold...fuck this..."
The start goes: jump in, check goggles, push off - all in about 4 seconds. Then swim to get warmed up as quick as possible. Unless it's a day with cold air like today. Shoulders and upper back cold the entire swim.