Quantcast

&*@French Toast Friday GMT@*&

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
A couple years ago someone told me that Valentines was his favorite holiday, not because of commercial crap or flowers or whatever, but because it was a really easy day to tell his boss he was leaving early with no grief, his in-laws to take the kids, and he and his wife could go home and, err, "rep" each other for the rest of the night.

I suppose it's as good a reason as any for Valentine's day to exist.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
FRIDAY! Knee appointment yesterday. Doc told me to take a third week off from work. Sold! I am still in a fair bit of pain and discomfort. Apparently the meniscus repair is what's hurting...it was stitched in two places. The knee is looking good though and I've already got a 118 degree bend, which is about three weeks ahead of schedule. I need to go easy though...doc says there is no reason to push things. The knee just needs time to heal.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Valentines day BONUS for me: getting stalked by a former employee of a local gym that one of my employees put in a complaint in against (my employee supports people with disabilities in attending this community center gym). Long story short, my call to the center's Executive Director results in said employee being fired. Now she's calling all 3 of receptionists in my building threatening to sue me, etc, but in a stream of consciousness way that basically screams, "CRAZY!". Luckily, the local Po-Po have been alerted to this person and their potentially deteriorating state.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
At work today. I picked up my fridge for the Kegerator. A brand new stainless mini-fridge for $100. That's less than used ones on Craigslist - win. I got home an Wifey had made dinner and cookies... So much for not doing anything special. I definitely got in trouble last night. I did not care though.

My intentions this weekend are to make two brews and go boarding w/ Nick at some point.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Upside: Frickin' packing up for a couple of family days riding at Cranx bike park this weekend! Maybe even meeting W00dy there!

It's supposed to snow, though...how the hell and I going to fit 3 bikes/equip in a Subie wagon plus 3 people?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's supposed to snow, though...how the hell and I going to fit 3 bikes/equip in a Subie wagon plus 3 people?
Wheels off, forks lowered, 2/3 side of seat down., bikes upright. It will be tight, but you *might* be able to to it. I'd not put $ on it though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Upside: Frickin' packing up for a couple of family days riding at Cranx bike park this weekend! Maybe even meeting W00dy there!

bmx bikes? no problem.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Wheels off, forks lowered, 2/3 side of seat down., bikes upright. It will be tight, but you *might* be able to to it. I'd not put $ on it though.
26" DS bike, 24" cruiser and 20" mini = think I can do it, just need to pull total wheels/seat off the 26" and front wheels off the other 2.

EDIT: got one of those coffiin cargo thingees on the roof, so all bike crap & clothes will go up.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

V-day was fairly uneventful while on vacation here outside of KC. The women cooked up a very tasty seafood paella for dinner and the guys drank beer and played games on the wii. I realized I'm a little out of shape when I got winded playing wii boxing :eek:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.

They have DJ bikes to rent at Cranx so you don't have to bring your own bike.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all. Had a great steak, asparagus, and mashed potatoes dinner last night with the wife. It was pretty awesome.

This weekend we are going to visit her family in Santa Barbara for the day. Also drop off our tax info with the mother in law (tax professional). Hopefully don't owe this year after a big bonus I got when Dell bought the company I was working for.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Wow, I expected nothing but got flowers at work and teh hubby made dinner for me--salmon and salad--and it was the bomb!! Quote of the night was 6 year old, "Yeah this food is the bomb, but I'm full now." I laughed. Anyhoo, I enthusiastically received/gave repuatation last night, it was a good time.

And FVCK YEAH FRIDAY!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just dislocated/separated my shoulder slipping on the stairs. Was able to slip it back into place quickly. No I remember why I used to lift weights, to stop this crap from happening all the time. Endorphins are making things nice right now but I am guessing tomorrow morning is going to suck.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Just dislocated/separated my shoulder slipping on the stairs. Was able to slip it back into place quickly. No I remember why I used to lift weights, to stop this crap from happening all the time. Endorphins are making things nice right now but I am guessing tomorrow morning is going to suck.
Ouch. The thought of that is making my shoulders hurt. Take it easy on it for a few days. Ice it. Trust me, it will help make the soreness a little better over the next week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ouch. The thought of that is making my shoulders hurt. Take it easy on it for a few days. Ice it. Trust me, it will help make the soreness a little better over the next week.
Unfortunately I am all too familiar with the process. This used to happen regularly until I figured out that building up muscle mass in the shoulder prevented separation. Been away from the gym for a few years and this is what I get. Unfortunately taking it easy isn't an option right now as I am moving in a week.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i dislocated my shoulder going up the stairs of my townhouse in college.

except i wasn't walking. i was going up them on my trials bike.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i dislocated my shoulder going up the stairs of my townhouse in college.

except i wasn't walking. i was going up them on my trials bike.
The second time I dislocated my shoulder happened in college while I was slamming a garbage can over the head of some random drunk guy who tried to tackle me on the sidewalk. Fortunately the garbage can to the head deterred him from any further action against me in my injured state.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
The second time I dislocated my shoulder happened in college while I was slamming a garbage can over the head of some random drunk guy who tried to tackle me on the sidewalk. Fortunately the garbage can to the head deterred him from any further action against me in my injured state.