Quantcast

Fresh Garlic

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
We dug up our garlic patch after 3 years of growing it. Fresh garlic is simply the best garlic ever. You can eat it raw & it has no bite at all. Just sweet, buttery, galicky goodness. That super dried out grocery store shi7 is terrible. Plus I heard if it comes from overseas it contains gobs of lead from the soil.

The young garlic bulbs.

We are going to start planting our new crop with these babies.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Neat! I planted some store-bought garlic around my roses to keep the aphids off (it's actually working really well)...but I didn't do it planning to eat them. How did you get started growing your own?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We dug up our garlic patch after 3 years of growing it. Fresh garlic is simply the best garlic ever. You can eat it raw & it has no bite at all. Just sweet, buttery, galicky goodness. That super dried out grocery store shi7 is terrible. Plus I heard if it comes from overseas it contains gobs of lead from the soil.
Dude... come on. :disgust1:

Citations, please?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Dude... come on. :disgust1:

Citations, please?
citation-->a conversation with my mom. (she listens to a lot of NPR...no help i know) domestic is supposed to be better.

Knuckle- there were a few full bulbs (the older plants) with massive cloves. I think I prefer the young heads though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
citation-->a conversation with my mom. (she listens to a lot of NPR...no help i know) domestic is supposed to be better.
The only information I could find was that lead may actually *help* in reducing the amount of lead in the body.... maybe she was getting her facts confused. :p

Actually I think I found the story: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11613477

Knuckle- there were a few full bulbs (the older plants) with massive cloves. I think I prefer the young heads though.
When we visited Italy for an extended period awhile back we visited grocery stores that would have tables full of fresh, young garlic. :drool:

Almost makes me want to plant some of my own. :D