Quantcast

Fresh Intense Socom

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Today my brother finished up his Socom for the weekend. Not sure one the weight but hopefully we can get it on a scale soon.

Here's the build list...

Med. Intense Socom w/ Fox DHX 5.0 and ti spring
Boxxer WC
Mavic DeeMax
Cane Creek Double XC Flush
Sunline V1 Bars
Sunline Boxxer Stem
Sunline Grips
Juicy 7s, (waiting for elixers cr)
Sunline V1 saddle
Thomson Elite post
Hope seat collar
Saint cranks
Sunline v1 pedals
E13 LG1 with e13 chain ring
Jagwire L3 housing
Sram x0 Der.
Sram x0 Shift.
Sram PC991 hollow pin chain
Intense 909 fro lite tires

Thanks to RUFUS for the custom boxxer and Intense Decals!

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
That turned out SICK!!!!! Glad that I could help finish of that build. Have fun on that rig.
Email me this pic for my site.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Looks nice. Is that the best cable routing for your derailleur though?
Thanks, I agree that the cable routing looks totally retarded. Intense should have done a better job with that. But there really isn't a better way to do it, Intense has it done this way on their site so I guess this is correct.

pillete

Monkey
Mar 25, 2005
Thanks, I agree that the cable routing looks totally retarded. Intense should have done a better job with that. But there really isn't a better way to do it, Intense has it done this way on their site so I guess this is correct.
Nice build man, :cheers:

I found it works better when you route the cables trough the inside of the rear triangle, like this....

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
That is indeed Fresh, with a little steeze, welcome to the club mang, they are sick rigs.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Nice build man, :cheers:

I found it works better when you route the cables trough the inside of the rear triangle, like this....

That bike looks sick! haha I dig the blue decals with the Fox Decals.

Maybe if I am not lazy I'll re-route cable tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Definitely route the derailleur cable inside the rear triangle. Outside and it's nothing but trouble.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Definitely route the derailleur cable inside the rear triangle. Outside and it's nothing but trouble.

I don't see how it can cause that much trouble, I have a zip tie holding the housing and brake line together to keep the within the length of the downtube. Its not like the rider's foot will grab the housing while riding.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I don't see how it can cause that much trouble, I have a zip tie holding the housing and brake line together to keep the within the length of the downtube. Its not like the rider's foot will grab the housing while riding.
NOTHING BUT TROUBLE.

Ok, yeah. It's probably alright, but I've tried it both ways and it feels much a lot more secure routed inside.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Not 100% sure yet, def. way under 40 lbs though.
Not way under. :) Maybe 38-39.

Where did you get colored decals?

Ive never had problems with the cable routing on the outside, but I think Im going to change it today. It just looks cleaner.

Id like to get some red decals.

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I dropped the shock and ran the cables between the link and swingarm. Just thought that it looked a little cleaner. Plus it keeps them out of the way without using zip ties or anything.
edit- sorry to beat a dead horse, just realized many others said the same thing :bonk: that thing cant weigh much more than 36ish pounds. Looking good, looking good.

Last edited:

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Word of advice with the socom mang. Keep those pivot bolts ultra tight mang. Keep an eye on them.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Its good to get in the habit of cleaning those pivots as well. What I do is take the whole linkage off, clean the bearings with a cloth, or some swabs, degrease the threads on all the bolts and make sure each bearing rolls perfectly. But when your putting it back together isnure the spacers go in the correct position, its very important they do.
it might take you a few minutes to get it back togehter the first time, but after doing it a few times youll be able to do the whole process in 10 mins.
The lower linkage however, thats a different story. lol.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Not way under. :) Maybe 38-39.

Where did you get colored decals?

Ive never had problems with the cable routing on the outside, but I think Im going to change it today. It just looks cleaner.

Id like to get some red decals.
haha We'll see on the weight, maybe I am wrong. Your bike is very nice by the way. Talk to RUFUS for custom decals, he does a freakin' sweet job.

Edit: He beat me to it. And RUFUS, I will email you shots of the decals on the frame tomorow.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Cables inside the swingarm. Much cleaner and doesn't rub the paint off where you can see. I use a Jagwire spread clip between the seat tube and downtube to keep the cables from rubbing the frame.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Wow thats a nice weight. What kinda tubes are you running? XC or DH?
Maxxis Ultra Lite tubes and Maxxis Minion single ply 2.5s. It light enough for me. I could still drop a lot with XT cranks, Boxxer WC, and a few other things. I like it the way it is. Im waiting on the 2010 66 which is suppose to be a couple pounds lighter.

Hey "my dear" SUPERTONE, never doubted your weight. Just asked for a parts list. No need to be a smart a$$. The parts list I found says NA on half the parts.

Last edited:

SupaTone

Monkey
Jun 5, 2008
French Alps
Hey "my dear" SUPERTONE, never doubted your weight. Just asked for a parts list. No need to be a smart a$$. The parts list I found says NA on half the parts.
Touché! Was not meant to be 'smart arse'... Just a year ago no one believed the weight was possible, sorry! Now it seems that the standard achievable weight is around 36lbs...

Sorry about the NA but they are non-supported parts!