Quantcast

Freshly built NS Traffic

sheeponabike

Chimp
Oct 26, 2010
Hey guys, ive been trolling this site for a long time now just never made the effort to post anything :p

however i wanted to share with you guys the bike i built up for my cousin just this week. He worked hard all summer to pay for the thing himself and now its finally ready to go. Wondering wat u guys think. Question, i am wondering if going with a 31.8 stem was a mistake since it appears the trend in 26inch jump bikes seems to be going to the smaller standards, your thoughts?

Sorry about the crappy fotos they where taken on my phone.....

Last edited:

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Awesome build! The bars should be ok if he's not real aggressive. I'm a bit leery of aluminum bars on dirt jumpers though..... I like steel better.

sheeponabike

Chimp
Oct 26, 2010
Are u leery of aluminum because they have a tendency to just snap instead of bend like steel or is it for a different reason??

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
i am wondering if going with a 31.8 stem was a mistake since it appears the trend in 26inch jump bikes seems to be going to the smaller standards, your thoughts?
31.8 is fine, i myself and about half of my riding buddies use 31.8. the smaller diameters 25.4 and 22.2, are more often then not just a cosmetic trend decision by most riders. some though who choose to use a chromo bar are often stuck with a 22.2 for that reason, or people wishing to have 2.5+ of rise often have to resort to 22.2 or 25.4. your choice if he likes the shape of the bars is a good one, its all just preference

sheeponabike

Chimp
Oct 26, 2010
I'm a fan of certain levels of flash, however with that frame it just begs u to do something toned down but i dont think its a bad thing at all. the pimplites are massive, schrader valve had trouble sticking out far enough to get a pump on it, gonna have to get long valve schrader tubes :wacko: