Quantcast

Freshmeat: Halliburton

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
anyone wanna make hay out of this:
AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE
The head of Halliburton has pleaded with his employees for help in orchestrating a media campaign in defense of the oil- and gas-service company, facing congressional accusations of overcharging U.S. taxpayers.
the rest

in an indirectly related piece, the U.S. would like some help, but it seems the Arabs are behaving miserly

what's an "imperialist" to do?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
[sarcastic deadpan] I'm shocked and appalled. I never would have expected this. I'm overwhelmed. Good gracious, ass is bodacious. [/sarcastic deadpan]

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
[greed]

i have a vision of an airplane coming in off the horizon, banking, and then landing on a caribbean island, with palm trees, white sand and clear water. this is my dream. you are going to get me there.

[/greed]

so, you wonder why the bottom fell out of the telecom industry? now its oil and gas.... energy and information are the key areas to make so much money off of. in order to get their mulit-million dollar performance pay, executives gotta take as much money from the paying customers as possible.

so, it ain't no surprise that companies (like halliburton and enron) fell into such a greed trap that the people (and gov't) are gonna kcik the crap out of them. capitalism doesn't exist... it died long ago. its simply a gouging and screwing system that only serves to stratisfy (? widen the gap) betwix the rich and poor.

i love it.