Quantcast

Fresno - Wh00p!

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
Hey all,
I posted this over at MTBR but I like you guys better ;)

Anyone have riding experience in the Fresno area? I'll be moving there from Salt Lake City in less than 2 months and am praying there are some decent trails in the area.
Thanks!

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
I have in-laws out that way, so ride there a couple of times a year. I just did Willow creek last weekend. Now bad, but not that thrilling. Here's a link to get you started:

http://www.tri-sport.com/maps/maptrails.htm#

007 is a blast, and can be shuttled. Not supper burly, but a lot of fun, and a good time. There are supposed to be some hidden gems up around Bass lake too. So there is riding, but not right in town. Good luck.

Scott R

version_8

Chimp
May 19, 2003
norcal
goin' medium said:
I have in-laws out that way, so ride there a couple of times a year. I just did Willow creek last weekend. Now bad, but not that thrilling. Here's a link to get you started:

http://www.tri-sport.com/maps/maptrails.htm#

007 is a blast, and can be shuttled. Not supper burly, but a lot of fun, and a good time. There are supposed to be some hidden gems up around Bass lake too. So there is riding, but not right in town. Good luck.

Scott R
Het Scott,

Know of any dirtjumps out there? I'm there quite a few times during the year as well.

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
I don't know of any good jumps in the area. There are some on the Navy base, but that probably won't really help. If you find some please let ME know. There is a tiny skatepark in Lamore, and another one in Reedly, that you can ride if you're into that.

Scott

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I was there a year ago and I saw some BIG jumps in a front yard. Big BMX style jumps. Try some local BMX shops and hope you can meet the guy who lives there, as I wasn't able to.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
Thanks for the beta...I'd be stoked to at least find some DJ's in town. Bass Lake sounds like it has some goods.

and for justhuckit, gee thanks brotha:
theres some and if u no were 2 look u well find some sick drops
I guess I wouldn't be posting this if I 'no were 2 look' :rolleyes:

SCTreeHugger

Chimp
Apr 19, 2005
Go check out Reg Bauer's Bike Shop on Blackstone Ave. It's right next to Herb Bauer's Sporting Goods. The guys there know of some freeride/dh stuff in the area. Squaw Leap is a good spot for XC, 21 miles of multipurpose trails.

As for dirt jumps.. there used to be a LOT of good jumps in Clovis. I grew up in the area and did some building. Best bet is to hit up one of the few shops left in the area. Tri Sport is a decent shop... it has always catered towards the yuppie XC/road crowd. Best bet is Reg Bauer's, a bunch of yound guys work there.

Good luck. Have fun riding in the summer it's HOOOOTTT.