Quantcast

~~Friday 6/20~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Greyhound gets docked a day's pay for napping on the job.

Happy FRIDAY, monkeys! Anyone got anything interesting going on this weekend? Wifey and I looking at rides both days. :happydance:

We're watching a friend's dog for the next week so there are now two greyhounds running around our house. Well, they're more like lying on their beds completely motionless the entire day, but you get the idea.

I went for a run last night, and for some reason I slept unusually well last night. I dunno.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Jeez, when I dog sit, the dogs constantly rag each other. I'd give a fortune for a bit of peace and quiet...

Off to a race in 2 hours time. Got packing to do. Forecast is for sunshine, so I'm happy. First race this year without mud tyres.

Later all, see you after the weekend. Have a good'un.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
motorcycle show saturday and sunday.

i will resemble a freshly boiled lobster by the end of the weekend.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
well, Our Baby Girl turns 7 days old today..man does the time fly. My guess for the weekend is baby things, some baby things and baby stuff..

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
not much planned for the weekend ,

Hey IAB -- Soapstone ???
Tomorrow is going to be a quick, early ride at the WH reservoir. We have plans in the afternoon. Sunday we're trying to find a place between us and Keith so we can meet up to ride. Kevin's got a post in the NE forum about a ride Sunday in Holyoke, which would be perfect.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I am still waiting on a new hub for the rear wheel on my salsa :( and last night 15 miles into a group roadie ride a front spoke busted on the Tomasso :(

Sat = mud event at the SMBA trails
Sun = sweat n summer century

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Sorry I didn't make it here any earlier. I had to make a drive over to a neighboring town first thing this morning to deliver some truss hangars to a job. They got here by UPS at the last second yesterday before we closed, so I got "volunteered" for the assignment this morning.

Yesterday evening was spent in the kiddie pool playing around with Colin and having a few cold tops. I whooped up a pesto spaghetti with grilled shrimp and veggies that was out of this world good. We watched a little bit of "Last Comic Standing" but I was already halfway asleep and pretty much sacked out on the couch for most of the night.

Boss just came in and informed us at the last minute that we're working all day today. That blows. I hate when they just stroll in a ruin your whole day like that. We do four 9-hour days and work until 11am on Fridays so we can have the rest of the day to enjoy.......but not today. Boo-Hoo.

The weekend looks great. I'm playing in a charity golf event tomorrow to raise money to help one of our friends whose son has cancer. Hopefully I won't embarass myself too much with the metal sticks.

Y'all have a great weekend!!

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Good morning. Sorry if I decided to actually work this morning instead of checking formums/email. :P

Yes, Holyoke ride on Sunday at 1pm meet at the Batchelor Street lot. A guy from NEMBA is leading otherwise I agree its a bit late. Especially since there might be thunderstorms in the afternoon. Sounds like a great place though. I've heard it compared to KT but with more rocks. I'd also say the same about FOMBA. I'm heading up there tomorrow at 10am (flexible) if anyone is interested.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning all,

It's been a really good week here. I have managed to get a ton of stuff done, got some good rides in. Today I'm going to play some golf this morning then when done with that, going to get in a trail ride.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
People are going to view your profile now and puke on their keyboards.
Worked for me. :twitch:
I didn't know we could do that with our profiles now. The wonders of ridemonkey never stop.

Good morning.
Work continues to suck balls. I took a road ride over my lunch break yesterday, then went trail riding in the evening. Trails were in great shape, but this is the first 5 day stretch of dry weather we've had all year so it was a long time coming. My legs are spent.

Not much on tap for the weekend, hopefully trail riding tomorrow, street festival at night, blahbitty blah blah on Sunday.

Off for more coffee ... Cheers.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
We're going camping this weekend with some city slickers. :)

Car camping of course, I'm pretty psyched because we're taking Brinley camping for her first time and we're getting to use our pop-up for the first time. We've owned it for 2 years but haven't had a chance to use it.

My wife sprained her hip yesterday at work so she's semi-incapacitated. Should be an interesting trip.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning. Went for my first mtb ride in almost 4 weeks last night - a little two hour diddy around Bend's famous Phil's trail network. Good times. This weekend is more riding and I'm volunteering at a local mtb race Sunday.

Have a good one everyone.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Happy first day of summer!! WOO HOO:biggrin:The weather is actually going to be 'normal' today so I'm trying to skate out of work early for some sun therapy.

Had an awesome sunrise run this morning, hopefully it's a sign of what's in store for next weekend’s race.

Have a great day everyone!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Testing in my room = no work getting done for me :( I am about 2/3 done with my end of the year crap and this last bit is taking forever!!!

SMBA event tomorrow=lots of fun & riding for me.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning (barely). Traveling home today from Reno, get home about 2am Sat.
Working around house and then off on next trip Sunday. Looks like no ridey for me this weekend!

Have a good one, y'all!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Monring people. Busy past coupe, of days with the boss in town. :rolleyes: Cold tops and BBQ tonight and then the SMBA M.U.D. Event with Treesaw & Douglas tomorrow. :thumb: It's been so long since I've ridden a bike I might have to join the "beginner" group. :o:

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Morning all.....

Ithaca Festival this weekend. Lots of stuff for the kiddo to do and good bands for me to listen to. :rockout:

The only riding I have planned is for Sunday: a 50-60 mile road ride.... Unless I get the kiddo over to my mother's early enough Saturday afternoon. Then maybe I can squeeze in a trail ride then. We'll see.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
Congrats Splat!!!!

morning monkeys...

this weekend is busy!! it's the last weekend before the movers come. so i will be packing, packing, packing. plus on Sunday i am throwing a prebirthday party for my son so that his father and step syblings can celebrate it since we will be in texas for his real birthday, as well as giving a party for my girl to invite friends over as a going away party. i imagine it will be filled with lots of tears. and on top of that i have to fit in some hours for work to try and meet a deadline that's already passed. OIY!!! :panic:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Oh and I almost forgot to Mention

today is my 16th Wedding anniversary
Congrats Splat! :)

Not too much planned for this weekend. Tommorow I'll probably do some house cleaning. Sunday I will be doing the Iron Girl 5k and then going over to the San Diego Fair after. We switched to a 4/10 work week, so I also have Monday's off, but I have not decided what I will do on Monday yet.

Have a good day everyone!